Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Firemen fined for shining torch at 'doggers'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Firemen fined for shining torch at 'doggers'

A fire brigade crew in Bristol shined a torch at bushes at a notorious 'dogging' spot one night on the way back to their station. Four individuals were in the bushes, and one went on to make a formal complaint to the fire service.

The firemen were suspended for 3 months pending an investigation, then two were fined 1,000 and a third was demoted a rank.

Story here

But one of the 'doggers' complained to Avon Fire and Rescue, ultimately accusing the four-man crew of being homophobic.

The firemen, who have 26 years of service between them, were then suspended on full pay for three months during an internal investigation.

Yesterday it emerged that two have been fined 1,000 each, another demoted to a rank which will see him forfeit a similar amount of money, while a fourth has received a stern written warning.
    'Dogging' is illegal. Shining a torch at people engaged in dogging isn't illegal. Taking into account that no action has been taken against the individual who made the complaint, is this a ludicrous example of 'political correctness gone mad', or is a 1,000 fine an appropriate punishment for harassing random people while on duty?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if someone shined a torch on u while u were on the shitter would u not be pissed?

Default Re: Firemen fined for shining torch at 'doggers'

Quote Originally Posted by badinage
    'Dogging' is illegal. Shining a torch at people engaged in dogging isn't illegal. Taking into account that no action has been taken against the individual who made the complaint, is this a ludicrous example of 'political correctness gone mad', or is a 1,000 fine an appropriate punishment for harassing random people while on duty?
    imho, it's a pc thing and to be honest, I couldn't give a high altitude passionate embrace about the pc brigade. They have may be broke the regulations regarding the inapropriate use of fire service equipment but shining a torch is hardly criminal. What a total waste of time. Anyway, I'm sure that it was all just some sort of misunderstanding after they heard someone in the bushes calling something out about a firemans helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyahern
    if someone shined a torch on u while u were on the shitter would u not be pissed?
    paddy, i think you need to google the term 'dogging'.
    'opinions are like ******************************************s. everyone has one' - jim o'hara, md of intel ireland ... 1997.. of course, some ******************************************s are bigger than others...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whats "dogging"??? I guessing its a term homosexuals use to describe their acts of "expression of love"
    There is something pigheaded about Wexford this season, something pigheaded and perverse and oddly beautiful. In certain lights they are starting to look heroic.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't it "shone" a torch?
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by all lower case
    Quote Originally Posted by paddyahern
    paddy, i think you need to google the term 'dogging'.
    I know what dogging is, it's an intimate act you wouldn't want you're neighbours to see u do. Similar to having a ************************.

its sex with random strangers in an outdoor place isnt it, getting suspended from your job for that is harsh
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 62,00.html

What is it about that part of the world and dogging ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think (and in light of the death of the firemen here in Bray recently), that its obvious the action that needs to be taken now - death to all homosexuals!

Stick 'em in a concentration camp and gas them!

Because, if we are honest with ourselves, this is quite possibley the mindset of the average daily mail reader.

That'll teach them nosey firemen to go around shining torches where they shouldnt - the facts are unknown at the moment, but I am guessing that they didnt just 'shine a torch' but got up to some sort of thomfoolery whilst they were at it - all the while supposed to be on duty.

Maybe they didnt, but lets face it - does anyone expect the daily mail to give us anything but a story slanted to suit there readership.

Utter, utter b****x.
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast