Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The other side of Adolf Hitler.

Default The other side of Adolf Hitler.

Most of the time when we think of Adolph Hitler we think of an evil tyrant with no capacity for compassion, yet this man was a talented artist.

If only he stuck at it.
    The square root of the golden ratio times pi is close to 4, this product is 3.996168.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He was a failed artist, wasn't he? Hence the bitterness and all that.

And is it only me, but does the mountain in the background of the last painting look like, eh, lady bits?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kind of ladies do you know?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Huge ones made out of rocks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know, they seem to lack depth or a reflection of his mood. They are rather empty, but I'm not art critic.
    "Only by applying the most rigorous standards do we pay writing in Irish the supreme compliment of taking it seriously." - Breandán Ó Doibhlín.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm no art critic either but I find his painting rather poor.

Isn't that one of the theories as to why he began to hate the Jews, he was rejected by the Art College in Vienna and the letter was signed by a Jew.
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” - Albert Einstein

Politics.ie Member The Trinity Politick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hitler was a supposedly a very poor artist with little natural skill. While in Vienna (artistic capital of Europe) he attempted to gain entry to the Art College there and failed. Hence a venture into the darker side of the arts and into the occult- and the rest is history
    “If you elect a matinee idol mayor, you’re going to have a musical comedy administration.” -Robert Moses

Quote Originally Posted by The Trinity Politick
    Hitler was a supposedly a very poor artist with little natural skill. While in Vienna (artistic capital of Europe) he attempted to gain entry to the Art College there and failed. Hence a venture into the darker side of the arts and into the occult- and the rest is history
    I am quite intrested in the occult myself . Light is infinate and so is darkness, the occult is not all darkness, nor is it all light.

The square root of the golden ratio times pi is close to 4, this product is 3.996168.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[quote=}IknowurbutwhatamI{]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Trinity Politick":3u4cf5d9
    I am quite intrested in the occult myself . Light is infinate and so is darkness, the occult is not all darkness, nor is it all light.

[/quote:3u4cf5d9]

Your time would be better spent mastering the dark art of spelling.

His work looks capable enough to have provided him with a good living as an illustrator. Who knows what might have been, had he not been subjected to the horrors of the WW1 trenches, followed by the economic despair visited upon Germany in the aftermath of that conflict? I would argue that his repugnant brand of political 'philosophy' was a product of his life experience.
    "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." Lewis Carroll

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are they supposed to be birds that are flying overhead in the top right of the second picture?

Or perhaps its the RAF.....
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast