Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 223

Thread: Some "recovery" Cost Plus Sofas the latest to go.

  1. #1

    Default Some "recovery" Cost Plus Sofas the latest to go.

    Cost Plus Sofas set to close number of Irish stores | Irish Examiner

    Yes another name made during the boom is in trouble and following on from this morning's news from Tesco (covered on another thread) it seems the local economy is still sinking.

    But don't worry there will be someone along soon to tell us of all those wonderful part time minimum wages jobs that are notionally reducing the unemployment rate.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Partizan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    Cost Plus Sofas set to close number of Irish stores | Irish Examiner

    Yes another name made during the boom is in trouble and following on from this morning's news from Tesco (covered on another thread) it seems the local economy is still sinking.

    But don't worry there will be someone along soon to tell us of all those wonderful part time minimum wages jobs that are notionally reducing the unemployment rate.
    Yeah Keith. Lets have them all working for slave wages on the Job Bridge Scheme. Nothing to do with the fact that their business was based on the recently deceased credit fueled housing bubble.

    How many jobs are gone?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    24,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    you absolute tool. Sun is shining, everybody feeling good. Time for FF Keith to start a doom thread. You've become a parody of yourself.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    you absolute tool. Sun is shining, everybody feeling good. Time for FF Keith to start a doom thread. You've become a parody of yourself.
    Aren't you a Fine Gael hack?!

    The difference between libertarians and socialism is that libertarians tolerate socialist communities but socialists can't tolerate a libertarian community – David Boaz

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    you absolute tool. Sun is shining, everybody feeling good. Time for FF Keith to start a doom thread. You've become a parody of yourself.

    See I told your there would be some nodding donkey supporter of the government along and it only took two minutes.

    This is of course a good news story, instead of working indoors and able to pay their way, all those lucky enough to lose their jobs can go out and enjoy the sun, getting a pittance from the taxpayer. This is FANTASTIC news for all concerned. How silly of me.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    24,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The truth is that Keith 2 votes dosen't want a recovery because that would greatly diminish the chances of the traitorous FF vermin he supports getting in again. He's a traitor just like his party.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Posts
    46,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    FG are not going to get very sensitive...."talking down" the economy (which is behaving like a sinkhole) is the one thing that causes FG hacks on this site to go completely apesh"t.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    55,716
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    See I told your there would be some nodding donkey supporter of the government along and it only took two minutes.

    This is of course a good news story, instead of working indoors and able to pay their way, all those lucky enough to lose their jobs can go out and enjoy the sun, getting a pittance from the taxpayer. This is FANTASTIC news for all concerned. How silly of me.
    I think it's what they call a lifestyle choice.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Any retailer which is tied into a lease they signed before 2008 is in cashflow difficulty, almost irrespective of the ebs and flows of their trade.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •