Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of a Man Called Ganley

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Return of a Man Called Ganley

En route to work this morniing I noticed a bunch of posters about the place advertising a public meeting fronted by none other than Declan Ganley. He hasn't gone away you know! The posters are advertising a meeting for "Alternatives for Ireland". Anyone know any more about this? Is the bould Declan about to launch himself on an unsuspecting public again in a new guise?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    En route to work this morniing I noticed a bunch of posters about the place advertising a public meeting fronted by none other than Declan Ganley. He hasn't gone away you know! The posters are advertising a meeting for "Alternatives for Ireland". Anyone know any more about this? Is the bould Declan about to launch himself on an unsuspecting public again in a new guise?
    Do we need Alternatives?

Let me guess....Ribeye, Analyzer, Darren J, Prior and The Field Marshall?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saw them myself on the way home from Newstalk last night. Interesting that on the programme both the presenter Marc Coleman and Vincent Martin of New Beginnings were both adamanant that a new Party was on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cllr View Post
    Saw them myself on the way home from Newstalk last night. Interesting that on the programme both the presenter Marc Coleman and Vincent Martin of New Beginnings were both adamanant that a new Party was on the way.
    Were you able to blow into the bag?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Do we need Alternatives?
    Alternatives to:
    - dumping massive debt on children for banks and to fund lifestyles
    - running huge deficits for 6 years
    - a three tier health service that is dysfunctional at the point of entry
    - zero accountability of political figures?
    Yes.

Is Ganley the answer?
    No.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cllr View Post
    Coleman, Martin, Ganley... None of the, actually have what it would take to establish a new party that could be electorally successful.

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is not an alternative. He is just another one who wants there nose in the troth.

Why doesn't he just bugger of back to his US defence contracting and stop trying to annoy everyone.

Even better, he could do something useful. He could transfer every job he has to Ireland, otherwise he is just a parasite.

Ganley is jut more of the same FF neoliberal stuff with a new brand name.

We don't need more of that nonsense in Ireland.

Just in case any of you did not notice the last crash caused by the banking-developer ponzi scheme, if you want an idea of what Ganley would be like running the economy of Ireland, just read this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-A...nvestment_Fund

Here is the starting point for learning about Ganley.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declan_Ganley
    Last edited by Nemesiscorporation; 5th June 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

He's a bright guy, over reached at the last elections by surrounding himself with lunatic candidates, thus turning his party into one of lunatics. Contrast what he tried (Sane person surrounded by loons) to what Grillo did in Italy (Loon with charisma surrounded by pretty centrist young sane candidates).

Needed to be more patient and build a base.

Ultimately though he's just offering a PD solution and the Irish have utterly rejected that solution.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, Ganley.

Silly season starts early this summer.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast