Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In bad taste - Government sells off fine wine collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default In bad taste - Government sells off fine wine collection

Look.

The mark of a man or a gentleman is their understanding of fine wines. As a country, foreign dignitaries need to be assuaged about our position in this world by our ability to wine and dine and act as good hosts.

So it comes as no surprise that an uneducated buffoon currently installed as Minister of Foreign Affairs, Eamon Gilmore, AKA Unhappy Gilmore, is going to sell off our best cellared wines in a pathetic attempt of anti-bourgeois sentiment, so he can curry favour with all the working classes he has helped screw over the last few years.

The wines to be sold include Chateau Lynch Bages Grand Cru Classe 1998, Chateau Leoville Barton Cru Classe 1997 and Kirwan Margaux 2000.

In future, foreign dignitaries will have to deal with bottles of Black Tower, Blue Nun, Goldener Oktober and if they're lucky, Bull's blood. It's as if we are heading back to the 1990's in terms of cuisine and culture.

I'm sure P.ie users will be equally outraged.
    Blessed be the threadmakers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

you're joking right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Brits and French are doing the same.

British government sells off French wine to cut down on costs

French government auctions Elysee Palace cellar | decanter.com

Minister Gilmore is following suit. Must have gone down well in Britain and France.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The value cap on a bottle of wine in the cellars is now €30. Hardly 'plonk'. It's a very sensible compromise, to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heard a scottish bloke on newstalk say we should give them whiskey instead of wine.....We would get a better deal
    IRELAND FIRST

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malbekh View Post
    Look.

The mark of a man or a gentleman is their understanding of fine wines. As a country, foreign dignitaries need to be assuaged about our position in this world by our ability to wine and dine and act as good hosts.

So it comes as no surprise that an uneducated buffoon currently installed as Minister of Foreign Affairs, Eamon Gilmore, AKA Unhappy Gilmore, is going to sell off our best cellared wines in a pathetic attempt of anti-bourgeois sentiment, so he can curry favour with all the working classes he has helped screw over the last few years.

The wines to be sold include Chateau Lynch Bages Grand Cru Classe 1998, Chateau Leoville Barton Cru Classe 1997 and Kirwan Margaux 2000.

In future, foreign dignitaries will have to deal with bottles of Black Tower, Blue Nun, Goldener Oktober and if they're lucky, Bull's blood. It's as if we are heading back to the 1990's in terms of cuisine and culture.

If one checks into the roots of most of these foreign dignitaries we'd find it was far from fine wines they were reared. If Blue Nun is good enough for the peasants it should be good enough for the people whose salaries they pay.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If it were up to me there'd be a byob policy and politicians would consume alcohol on their one time at their own expense.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elliebee View Post
    If one checks into the roots of most of these foreign dignitaries we'd find it was far from fine wines they were reared. If Blue Nun is good enough for the peasants it should be good enough for the people whose salaries they pay.
    Piat D'or is much nicer!

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malbekh View Post
    Look.

A subtle point made in a very concise OP.! "Anti- bourgeois sentiment!, I love that. Well done to you Sir.
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I assume he is selling the lot so that each time they need wine, it will have to be bought from an Irish supplier,

I wonder which if Eamons mates owns a wine business.

I recommend Lidl.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast