Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DAA: Dublin Airport Atrocity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default DAA: Dublin Airport Atrocity

Hello from an internet cafe on the Italian Riviera - where I am sitting, jumper on, cold, as it pours rain and the sky rolls with thunder
    Anyway, Dublin airport this bank holiday weekend.
    I've never come across worse.
    I arrived into terminal 2 on Friday morning at 8:25 for an 11 flight - which I ended up running for.
    I was queuing to check in for 55 minutes, then twenty to get past the first security/boarding pass point.
    Then nearly half an hour to get through the scanners.
    Then, it was chaotic trying to get my breakfast - which I ended up having to simply walk away from.
    I RAN through the cosmetics' hall, grabbing the bare necessities.
    It's the first time since it started that I didn't avail of shop and collect: I simply didn't have the time.
    I spent a quarter of what I usually do (that'll concern all yee heterosexual men reading this greatly).
    I ended up boarding without the paper, Phoenix or Private Eye.
    It was such a zoo.
    After all, tomorrow is another day.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    Hello from an internet cafe on the Italian Riviera - where I am sitting, jumper on, cold, as it pours rain and the sky rolls with thunder
    I arrived into terminal 2 on Friday morning at 8:25 for an 11 flight - which I ended up running for.
    I was queuing to check in for 55 minutes, then twenty to get past the first security/boarding pass point.
    Then, it was chaotic trying to get my breakfast - which I ended up having to simply walk away from.
    It's the first time since it started that I didn't avail of shop and collect: I simply didn't have the time.
    I spent a quarter of what I usually do (that'll concern all yee heterosexual men reading this greatly).
    It was such a zoo.
    Should have flown with Ryanair!

birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    It was such a zoo.
    At least we only spent a billion on it. Imagine if the brown paper envelope party had been able to push it to €2 billion!

I think the weather on the continent is set to improve, if that helps.
    Basking sunshine here today.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I must confess the only time I've been completely satisfied wid D AA is when I used d route planner to get to Dublin Airport.

The rest of the time it is a mad chaotic scramble. Too few toilets, poor service, over priced food lack of seating, few power points to plug in to do some work whilst waiting for delayed flights, no seating or cheap parking if you are meeting an incoming flight, the list goes on.

There is more comfort for animals at a Mart than supplied by DAA.

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tutt Tutt Bea C... Hello from Chicago having left on Friday the airport was busy but manageable. You should have always boarded using the Bag Tag machines load and boarding takes little time. Spend an extra 4.25 or 4.50 and take the fast track service through security. I have the advantage of being a Gold Circle member and hence don't queue up with others for check-in. If you are only heading away for a few days then only on-board luggage is needed and hence no need for the queuing at all.

Teminal 2 has its flaws but thankfully it is not as bad as T1 used to be before it was built.

Oh by the way, I was there at 9.20 for an 11.20 flight, didn't see any issues at all... and we missed each other.

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had you told me in time Bea C I could have arranged to fly you out in a private jet and avoid all those plebs in Dublin airport.
    Let me know your desired date of return and I may be able to arrange something more salubrious.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dizillusioned View Post
    Tutt Tutt Bea C... Hello from Chicago having left on Friday the airport was busy but manageable. You should have always boarded using the Bag Tag machines load and boarding takes little time. Spend an extra 4.25 or 4.50 and take the fast track service through security. I have the advantage of being a Gold Circle member and hence don't queue up with others for check-in. If you are only heading away for a few days then only on-board luggage is needed and hence no need for the queuing at all.

Teminal 2 has its flaws but thankfully it is not as bad as T1 used to be before it was built.

Oh by the way, I was there at 9.20 for an 11.20 flight, didn't see any issues at all... and we missed each other.
    You musta been on a different planet, I dunno!
    Maybe in that hour it chilled out.
    I thought by 8am though the frenzy had died down, but bank holiday weekends, I suppose.
    Oh, as for that fast track thing, for some reason the security woman left that, so they'd to join us scrubbers - ie they were skipping ahead of us scrubbers. One bloke with a Louis Vuitton bag attempted to shove me out of the way when I reached the top.
    Let's just say he didn't succeed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Had you told me in time Bea C I could have arranged to fly you out in a private jet and avoid all those plebs in Dublin airport.
    Let me know your desired date of return and I may be able to arrange something more salubrious.
    Thanks!
    What I'm most bitter about is the cosmetics' hall, I always love pottering about that for ages!
    I try out new products and everything
    I was such a pig by the time I boarded the flight, then again everybody was!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bea, if your only going for the bank holiday weekend what were you doing checking-in and putting luggage in the hold for? That's the major hiccup on your part surely. If you had checked-in online everything should have been ticketyboo.

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Typical .. I bet Bea is the one in front of you at the security check,that has to wait for the last minute to get shoes off, open the bag, look for the liquids, search for a clear bag to put them in, then has change in pockets forgets the belt on the second time, not to mention taking an age to put all the stuff back on while all the plastic trays build up behind hers.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast