Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Independent TDS more witch hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Independent TDS more witch hunting

Luke Flanagan has missed 11 days in the dail.
    OK that's not ideal.
    The Independent pick this up and report it.
    Great.
    The headline and photo are all about Luke Flanagan and his absenteeism
    but deeper in the story you find he is not the worst offender.

Flanagan has one of worst Dail attendance rates - Independent.ie

Mr Flanagan missed 11 out of 35 Dail sitting days between January and the end of March, giving him an attendance record of 68pc.

He did not return calls seeking comment last night.

Other politicians with poor attendance rates included Fine Gael TD Marcella Corcoran-Kennedy, who missed 13 days, Sinn Fein TD Peader Toibin, who missed 11, and Fine Gael TD Aine Collins, who missed 10. None of these TDs could be reached for comment last night.
    This follows on from the outright harassment on Independent TDs by the Gardai and Justice minister.
    Which follows on from the attempt to beat them into suits and short back and sides.

Does the cosy cartel really fear people who remotely threaten the status quo so much?

Is the fact that Marcella Corcoran-Kennedy is missing more days a bigger story?
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It's a slow news day and the Indo don't like Ming. Combine that with the fact that no one knows who Corcoran-Kennedy is and you get why they're not putting her photo on the front. Personally I find quarterly numbers a little meaningless, due to the small amount of Dail days it really does need to be based over a year to be meaningful.

Bannon and McGrath provide the novel excuse that they've shown up but are simply incapable of using a clock-in system, meaning they're saying they're not competent to work in any factory job anywhere in the world.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howzat?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I admire the way she's making her own clothes out of old duvet covers. More people need to be so thrifty.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I admire the way she's making her own clothes out of old duvet covers. More people need to be so thrifty.
    Indeed. You should make your thoughts on this known to Lucinda. I'm sure she'll appreciate help cutting her clothing budget, paid for with taxpayers money.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Meowwww!

D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a slow news day and the Indo don't like Ming. Combine that with the fact that no one knows who Corcoran-Kennedy is and you get why they're not putting her photo on the front. Personally I find quarterly numbers a little meaningless, due to the small amount of Dail days it really does need to be based over a year to be meaningful.

Bannon and McGrath provide the novel excuse that they've shown up but are simply incapable of using a clock-in system, meaning they're saying they're not competent to work in any factory job anywhere in the world.
    Yeah i get that... but its still prejudicial and unfair.

I wonder if Government TD Martin Heydon's Honeymoon will turn up as missed days or will he be clocked in for them.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrrah what's wrong with ye all?

Isn't the poor man slaving in the bog trying to save a bit of turf.

Having said all that, if his constituency dumps him at the next election and puts in a few independents of greater integrity, I will forgive the Indo targeting the poor lad.
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    Yeah i get that... but its still prejudicial and unfair.

I wonder if Government TD Martin Heydon's Honeymoon will turn up as missed days or will he be clocked in for them.
    This is the man! Honeymoon Harry.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no harm to expose ming to be the hypocrite that he is...he never missed an opportunity to run down his colleagues when he was a member of Roscommon co council...never stopped going on about expenses and junkets etc....and now we find out that he travelled to MOROCCO on a junket himself!!! He also gets paid an EXTRA 40,000 just because he is an independent....he also claimed for the cost of his new mobile phone...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast