Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Harte - Your 15 minutes have elapsed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mickey Harte - Your 15 minutes have elapsed.

Is it just me or this man, a gaelic football manager afterall, getting a bit ahead of himself? He seems to be attracted to drama and publicity at every possible opportunity and has an inbuilt need to pontificate on every possible issue.
    He seems to have an opinion on everything from penalty points to religion and insists on telling the rest of us about it.
    Previously famous for his support of the Quinns in the border region he has recently taken to speaking at religious meetings and offering his personal insights into pretty much every subject under the sun.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...fO99Af8qU-XK3Q

Apart from the fact that i personally have every sympathy for his situation following his daughters death i find his constant use of his fame to sermonise a bit tiring and rather strange. He is supposed to be managing a football team and apart from his daughters death and sports experience what qualifications does he have to instruct anybody?

Would he not be better concentrating on his team who are'nt looking like world beaters lately?
    Are those who appointed him not concerned all his additional activity in attempting to fix all the worlds troubles is distracting from his actual task of managing a team?
    Is it ok for a GAA manager to continually intervene in national affairs and is his opinion relevant to anybody?
    I don't hear Brian Cody commenting on every passing news story and if he did i suspect Kilkenny County Board would tell him to look after his team and keep his political opinions to himself. And rightly so.
    Why does Mickey imagine his never ending stream of commentary on all matters is of interest to us?
    Should he be attending politicaly charged events like those in support of the Quinns?

Does anybody know? Does anybody care?
    I don't care a great deal myself, i'm just mystified by his recent prominence.
    Сохранить Украины

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mickey Harte has certainly gone through more in life than most people ever will.

I for one am interested in his real life honest opinions, and value them far more than any lying Irish politicians.

That does not mean anyone has to agree with any, or all of his opinions.

The media seem to be interested as well, they keep asking him, and keep reporting them.

If you're not interested, don't read them, and change the channel. Simples.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 3rd June 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    Is it just me or this man, a gaelic football manager afterall, getting a bit ahead of himself? He seems to be attracted to drama and publicity at every possible opportunity and has an inbuilt need to pontificate on every possible issue.
    He seems to have an opinion on everything from penalty points to religion and insists on telling the rest of us about it.
    Previously famous for his support of the Quinns in the border region he has recently taken to speaking at religious meetings and offering his personal insights into pretty much every subject under the sun.

Apart from the fact that i personally have every sympathy for his situation following his daughters death i find his constant use of his fame to sermonise a bit tiring and rather strange. He is supposed to be managing a football team and apart from his daughters death and sports experience what qualifications does he have to instruct anybody?

Would he not be better concentrating on his team who are'nt looking like world beaters lately?
    Are those who appointed him not concerned all his additional activity in attempting to fix all the worlds troubles is distracting from his actual task of managing a team?
    Is it ok for a GAA manager to continually intervene in national affairs and is his opinion relevant to anybody?
    I don't hear Brian Cody commenting on every passing news story and if he did i suspect Kilkenny County Board would tell him to look after his team and keep his political opinions to himself. And rightly so.
    Why does Mickey imagine his never ending stream of commentary on all matters is of interest to us?
    Should he be attending politicaly charged events like those in support of the Quinns?

sincerely doubt that anyone would tell Cody what to do. Have you ever heard of freedom of speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man in news has opinion. Let us fawn over his wisdom.

Boll1x.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dresden8 View Post
    Man in news has opinion. Let us fawn over his wisdom.

Boll1x.
    Are you referring to me or Mickey?
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you referring to me or Mickey?
    A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B.........

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I find Mickey Harte to be a really inspiring individual. Surely his opinion is as valid as anyone else's?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who?? My father used to call the GAA the Grab All Association
    " Hell is other people." No Exit: Jean-Paul Sartre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ard san aer View Post
    I find Mickey Harte to be a really inspiring individual. Surely his opinion is as valid as anyone else's?
    "Anyone else's" opinion is neither sought nor touted around as basic home truths from a simple man, dealing with triumph and tragedy in a sagacious way.

Politics.ie Member de valera's' giddy goat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

methinks he's aiming for a career in politics
    There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation. Pierre Trudeau

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast