Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On Camera v Off Camera- One Swedish Politician's Views on Immigration- Hilarious.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default On Camera v Off Camera- One Swedish Politician's Views on Immigration- Hilarious.

The Swedish political party Moderaterna (The Moderates) has about 30% support in Sweden and is the party of the current Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt. They are a right/centre-right party and they basically toe the line on Multiculturalism. Now I am not trying to say that the party on the whole are hypocritical or anything of the sort, but I did find a rather amusing video that demonstrates the tendency of politicians to pay lip-service to ridiculous ideas while actually believing something entirely different in a private capacity. Whatever your view on immigration or multiculturalism, I am sure you will enjoy this video for delicious hypocrisy of it all. Our hero is a Mr. Christer Ewe , a local politician in Kristianstad. Mr. Ewe died in 2010, but the footage is from 2002.

Note also what he said about Vietnamese v Muslims. Hilarious stuff.

If you were his spin doctor, what would your advice be?
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this todays Muslim thread? Excellent. Looked like nobody was going to start one there for a while.
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    Is this todays Muslim thread? Excellent. Looked like nobody was going to start one there for a while.
    Today is more of a hidden-camera thread. Anyway, we know you raised at least half of those dodgy cows that Larry Goodman may or may not have sold to the Middle East.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    Today is more of a hidden-camera thread. Anyway, we know you raised at least half of those dodgy cows that Larry Goodman may or may not have sold to the Middle East.
    There was a clear gap in the market for this thread. Well done for spotting the need to discuss the same issue for the 1564th day in a row.
    Сохранить Украины

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was a clear gap in the market for this thread. Well done for spotting the need to discuss the same issue for the 1564th day in a row.
    Yeah right, you are counting on all your fingers!
    That video is hilarious. Even when confronted with what he said, he tried to brazen it out - 10 marks for brass neck. I wonder how many of our elected reps adopt a similar stance on topical issues?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The issue here is not immigration as such. It is professing one view to the public while holding very different views in private.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

That Swedish fella must have been to the same school as most irish politicians.
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    The Swedish political party Moderaterna (The Moderates) has about 30% support in Sweden and is the party of the current Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt. They are a right/centre-right party and they basically toe the line on Multiculturalism. Now I am not trying to say that the party on the whole are hypocritical or anything of the sort, but I did find a rather amusing video that demonstrates the tendency of politicians to pay lip-service to ridiculous ideas while actually believing something entirely different in a private capacity. Whatever your view on immigration or multiculturalism, I am sure you will enjoy this video for delicious hypocrisy of it all. Our hero is a Mr. Christer Ewe , a local politician in Kristianstad. Mr. Ewe died in 2010, but the footage is from 2002.

Note also what he said about Vietnamese v Muslims. Hilarious stuff.

If you were his spin doctor, what would your advice be?
    He is a selfish hypocritical phucker.

The bit where he says that he will move out of a certain suburb is, highly revealing.

I just wonder....but in the EU Parlaimenaent alignment....to which Irish party would he be aligned ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I liked the part where he named all those people who have no balls to address the issue publicly.

Reminds me of the council scene in Guards, guards by Terry Pratchett. Any minute now someone's gonna say something about it, and I'm gonna mumble audibly in support. I hate when satire of the action predates the action.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lempo View Post
    I liked the part where he named all those people who have no balls to address the issue.
    Yes. He wants them to take their snouts of the trough, first, presumably.....

He is a veneer liberal.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast