Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Milward Brown for Sindo 1/6/13 FF and FG dead even at 27%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Milward Brown for Sindo 1/6/13 FF and FG dead even at 27%

So the 2 main parties remain head and head at 27%.

This follows on from last week's RedC poll in SBP.

Opinion poll suggests FF & FG support at 27% - RTÉ News

Will they create an FF / FG coalition? It might be the only realistic option.

Also on a personal level neither party strike me as particularly competent and more focused on party than country.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please merge the 2 threads mods. Apologies.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    Please merge the 2 threads mods. Apologies.
    Agree but use this thread title. I messed mine up.
    #3amigos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The people are coming back in droves to FF. This is not only about the excellent constructive opposition but it is a tribute to Micheál Martin's superb leadership skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    Agree but use this thread title. I messed mine up.
    Your op was far better than mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odlum View Post
    The people are coming back in droves to FF. This is not only about the excellent constructive opposition but it is a tribute to Micheál Martin's superb leadership skills.
    Indeed odlum. If only FF had been in government during the boom.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post

Will they create an FF / FG coalition? It might be the only realistic option.
    I don't really get that analysis at all. The opinion polls have been indicating that FG / FF remain in competition amongst each other as the two largest parties. Why would they end up in coalition together? If they are neck on neck now it would also suggest that FF could pull ahead somewhat prior to the next election if economic recovery does not take hold in any meaningful fashion. Fair enough, if FF recovery failed to take hold and they were still on 15% then I could see them as a junior coalition party - but not when they are heading towards 30%. There is too much of an incentive for both FG & FF to stay away from one another.

Either Labour, or more likely SF, will be the bargain makers next time around I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by odlum View Post
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know when people say I wont vote because it doesn't make any difference? Well they're right.
    It's gonna be either FF or the blueshirts with some other losers along for the ride. It's a joke but not a funny one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    I don't really get that analysis at all. The opinion polls have been indicating that FG / FF remain in competition amongst each other as the two largest parties. Why would they end up in coalition together? If they are neck on neck now it would also suggest that FF could pull ahead somewhat prior to the next election if economic recovery does not take hold in any meaningful fashion.

Either Labour, or more likely SF, will be the bargain makers next time around I reckon.
    But with the majority a 54% vote would command and what is the difference between the 2 parties?
    Is it a cultural difference? That the 2 lots of activists (particularly) don't get on

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast