Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay adoption: A step too far in social engineering?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gay adoption: A step too far in social engineering?

It has become almost inevitable that gay marriage will be legislated for Ireland in the next decade. Some people may not like this but I doubt anyone will be seriously upset about it. After all gay marriage will not particularly effect anyone apart from the two people in the marriage. However if gay adoption is permitted then gay marriage will effect the lives of other people ie. children.

Children are better off with both a mother and a father. I also believe that a having a mother is more important than having a father for a child. To allow two men adopt a child as part of some vote seeking operation by the Labour Party would be wrong. I can anticipate all the arguments that will be made against my views eg. what about heterosexual couples who are bad parents? what about children who have a deceased mother and are being raised by a lone father? what about gay people who already have children? etc. However this is to miss the point. The point is there are already lots of competent heterosexual couples out there waiting for the chance to adopt. If a competent heterosexual couple were to miss out on adoption in favour of a gay couple and especially 2 gay men it would be a tragedy and an example of social engineering gone too far. I say no gay adoption unless there is a shortage of competent heterosexual couples seeking to adopt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why should you need to be married to adopt? Maybe we should change that first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    Children are better off with both a mother and a father.
    I would agree, but would a kid be better off in a Romanian orphanage or in Ireland with 2 fathers ?

I don't think anybody is suggesting that gay couples should have priority with regards to adopting children; rather, people feel they should be entitled to 'apply', just like any straight couple.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I don't think anybody is suggesting that gay couples should have priority with regards to adopting children; rather, people feel they should be entitled to 'apply', just like any straight couple.
    Away with you and your sense talking...

Quote Originally Posted by bob3344 View Post
    I would agree, but would a kid be better off in a Romanian orphanage or in Ireland with 2 fathers ?
    I hope you will reflect on the derogatory nature of your post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who'd want to adopt a gay anyway
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    And my point is they should all be rejected while there are competent heterosexual couples willing to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. jings View Post
    Away with you and your sense talking...
    Tis ok, I've used up my quota for this month
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    And my point is they should all be rejected while there are competent heterosexual couples willing to adopt.
    And your point is not well made.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast