Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FF Senator O Domhnaill in trouble...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FF Senator O Domhnaill in trouble...

Standards Commission Investigation - Standards in Public Office Commission

Poor divil, anybody know any background to this??

Investigation under the Ethics in Public Office Acts 1995 and 2001 (the Ethics Acts) and Part 15 of the Local Government Act 2001

A public sitting of the Standards in Public Office Commission for the purpose of its investigation of alleged contraventions of the Ethical Framework for the Local Government Service (Part 15 of the Local Government Act 2001) and the Ethics Acts by Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill, former member of Donegal County Council, will be held at the offices of the Standards in Public Office Commission, 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, on Monday 10 June 2013 at 10.30 am and on the following day or days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah it's an expenses thing.

The claims against Sen Ó Domhnaill include that he twice claimed for events that he attended on behalf of the council. He has said there is no foundation to any of the allegations made. He originally described the claims against him, instigated by Donegal County Council itself, as a “political smear campaign”.
    He's allowed to bring counsel with him. I would certainly bring counsel with me to meet what are effectively allegations of fraud.
    It has been reported that Fianna Fáil previously examined the allegations and found that there had been no irregularities.
    If there's a finding against him then there will be questions for Martin. You obviously can't be held responsible for individuals' actions, but if you investigate and that investigation is subsequently found to have been meaningless then that reflects poorly on you.

This should be pretty easy to prove/disprove, a cursary examination of the dates around travel and subsistance will show if there's duplication.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah it's an expenses thing.

The claims against Sen Ó Domhnaill include that he twice claimed for events that he attended on behalf of the council. He has said there is no foundation to any of the allegations made. He originally described the claims against him, instigated by Donegal County Council itself, as a “political smear campaign”.
    He's allowed to bring counsel with him. I would certainly bring counsel with me to meet what are effectively allegations of fraud.
    It has been reported that Fianna Fáil previously examined the allegations and found that there had been no irregularities.
    If there's a finding against him then there will be questions for Martin. You obviously can't be held responsible for individuals' actions, but if you investigate and that investigation is subsequently found to have been meaningless then that reflects poorly on you.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MacCoise2 View Post
    Standards Commission Investigation - Standards in Public Office Commission

Poor divil, anybody know any background to this??

Investigation under the Ethics in Public Office Acts 1995 and 2001 (the Ethics Acts) and Part 15 of the Local Government Act 2001

A public sitting of the Standards in Public Office Commission for the purpose of its investigation of alleged contraventions of the Ethical Framework for the Local Government Service (Part 15 of the Local Government Act 2001) and the Ethics Acts by Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill, former member of Donegal County Council, will be held at the offices of the Standards in Public Office Commission, 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, on Monday 10 June 2013 at 10.30 am and on the following day or days.
    Fianna Fail Senator in trouble, I am shocked !

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was he one on a list that Meeahaul recommended the local authority councillors to support ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fianna Fail Nua = nothing changes.
    Fianna Fail, Micheal Martin - New Captain, Same Titanic.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a fianna fail politician facing an ethics enquiry. Well i'm shocked.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nip it in the bud now or in 10 years time, it'll be £500 Limo trips between terminals at Heathrow and junkets to Cheltenham disguised as trade fact-finding missions.

longshortgrass

Paging Oggy.......petunia

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast