Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross City LUAS Delayed Again!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cross City LUAS Delayed Again!

Yesterday's IT

"THE long overdue link-up between the two existing Luas lines has been further delayed to avoid digging up Dublin streets and crippling motorists and businesses for longer than absolutely necessary.

The 100m project to connect the Tallaght and Sandyford lines at O'Connell St, Dublin, will not start now until 2009 at the earliest , the same time as the 5bn Metro."

OK it makes sense to do both at the same time. So why not expedite the Metro instead? Again a lack of coordination, a lack of leadership and a pathetic lack of vision at the highest level. All this is happening while unnecessary motorways are being built, while reps such as cllr and the DRA discuss an outdated urban motorway through the city, and while money is diverted to political nonsense such as the Western Rail Corridor.

This link is years and years late. It;s a bloody disgrace! Will it ever be built? Will the Dublin Transportation Authority ever be set up? Can any FFer answer any of these questions? Can cllr or any Dublin reps on here give us an update or a justification for the ongoing bullsh1t we have to put up with?

and while you're here, what's going on with the Bus situation?
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personality politics, Alonso.

"Yerra shure he's a grand man. Widya ever go away and stop being so negative".

It obscures any focus on policy and on delivery.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

huh? You referring to Dermo? I like him and enjoy his posts. But I know where he stands on certain issues, and I'd like to hear his response to this. I only single him out because he's the only Dub rep I know that reads this and posts here. He most certainly is a grand man. It certainly was not my intention to obscure the issues. On the contrary.
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its just not possible to link these up in the City Centre unless it goes underground - a sthings stand it will Chaos when they finally get started on the Metro so it makes sense to wait until then.

Disappointing I know and years late but the right decision under the circumstances.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe Catalpa, but these circumstances are directly related to FF incompetence in relation to Dublin Bus and the DTA.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope.

Just my experience that on most issues that matter, the debate quickly decends into a discussion that "so and so is a decent man" (who the indecent men in the Dail are I'd love to know) and the end result is that the focus on the issue at hand is lost.

After all just look at the past week. The serious issue of accountability and corruption was drowned out by a chorus of "Bertie's a decent man" "stop trying to score political points" and the like. Where we should be debating ethics we ended up debating who would be the better drinking buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso
    Maybe Catalpa, but these circumstances are directly related to FF incompetence in relation to Dublin Bus and the DTA.
    Couldn't agree with you more. The lack of investment in DB over the last 15 years or so is nothing short of scandalous.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso
    I don't even think it's incompetence. Complete lack of interest in public transport, or any kind of planning, really, except where it generates 'opportunities'.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Complete lack of interest in public transport, or any kind of planning, really, except where it generates 'opportunities'.
    But sure they're decent men! Stop trying to score political points!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wolv - yep fair enough, just saw the avatar and thought sh1t, that post could have been mis-read.

Ibis, to me a complete lack of interest in these things does comprise "incompetence" t be honest.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast