Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland is regaining its competitiveness.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ireland is regaining its competitiveness.

There's yet more good news on the economics front with news breaking this evening that the country is regaining its competitiveness. We're up three places to in the World Competitiveness Ranking Scoreboard, rising to 17th. We now rank above the United Kingdom (18th), France (28th) and China (21st).

The country ranks particularly well on for investment incentives, attitudes to globalisation and for flexibility of the workforce coming in first on all three categories.

Ireland's competitiveness rises in IMD survey - RTÉ News.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Presumably they asked Apple if they found a government ministers who was supportive of the Apple in respect of investment in Internet Protocol ?

[IMG]http://soundmigration.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/brian-hayes-************************e-talker.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Analyzer; 30th May 2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sleeveen
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't find the methodology it uses for its analysis. And yes, I have seen the methodology page, but it only goes into tiny detail from what I can see.
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You call it competitiveness, i call it being shafted.
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was going to go to the cinema but I might just stay in and have a good chortle as the usual suspects try to contort this into A Bad Thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's good news I suppose but I'd prefer us to be doing better on things like energy and non-wage labour costs. I'm not sure how an accountant would accommodate an "attitude" in a P&L stmt.
    I care about all sorts of crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All hail King Kenny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's yet more good news on the despair front with news breaking this evening that the country is regaining its desperation. We're up three places to in the World Desperation Ranking Scoreboard, rising to 17th. We now rank above the United Kingdom (18th), France (28th) and China (21st).

The country ranks particularly well on allowing tax avoidance, willingness to work with the devil himself and for flexibility of the workforce to bend over and take it in the ass coming in first on all three categories.
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hilarious result, considering the number of sectors where competition is still regarded as a dirty word.

How can an economy where banks are uncompetitive, where NAMA is rigging the real estate market, and where quangos enforce levies to push up the cost of existence, boast of competitiveness ?

Did somebody send free bottles of whisky to the committee doing the survey ?

Did anybody check out the legal profession, the medical profession, the auditting profession, the media sector with respect to competition, and uncompetitive practices ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast