Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 hospitalised over contaminated cannabis - time to legalise and regulate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 2 hospitalised over contaminated cannabis - time to legalise and regulate

As a result of a dodgy batch of cannabis resin one woman is one life support and another is critically ill
    Health warning issued over contaminated cannabis - RTÉ News

By any reckoning cannabis is a class-C drug with alcohol for example a class-A drug. I'm amazed at the lack of a national debate on legalisation here, bar Ming I'm unaware of any TD who supports legalisation.

What say you - time to legalise and regulate ?

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    As a result of a dodgy batch of cannabis resin one woman is one life support and another is critically ill

By any reckoning cannabis is a class-C drug with alcohol for example a class-A drug. I'm amazed at the lack of a national debate on legalisation here, bar Ming I'm unaware of any TD who supports legalisation.

cYp
    Of course it should be decriminalised.

What I dont understand is why there are people still smoking substandard hash when there is an abundance of high quality weed thats readily available.

God! I agree with cYp! I'm off for a lie down!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope they fully recover but are then prosecuted for possession, as it will send a stromg message that if you choose to fund organised crime, the penalty will be prosecuted and a fine/community service/(highly unlikely) imprisonment.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    I hope they fully recover but are then prosecuted for possession, as it will send a stromg message that if you choose to fund organised crime, the penalty will be prosecuted and a fine/community service/(highly unlikely) imprisonment.
    What a moronic reply, when you criminalise a substance, you criminalise the supply, that much should be common sense.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Dude doesn't like that.

Also, you are uptight and I recommend you immediately smoke some weed.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if folks were allowed to grow a plant for their own use then organised crime would not be funded at all.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iartaoiseach View Post
    if folks were allowed to grow a plant for their own use then organised crime would not be funded at all.
    or perhaps 5 plants
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post

cYp
    The cowardly TDs are afraid to stick their necks out on this. The entire legislation on cannabis is based on the deeply spurious "Report of the Working Party on Drug Abuse, 1971", a mish-mash of unverified moralistic conclusions by an unbalanced (I don't mean mentally!) group of selected opinion on the subject. Of course it's time to debate the matter, and introduce a plebiscite so that our rights are not yet again decided by that small, unqualified, and incapable group of people known as the Oireachtas.
    If it be your will If there is a choice Let the rivers fill Let the hills rejoice
    Let your mercy spill On all these burning hearts in hell If it be your will

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthforsooth View Post
    The cowardly TDs are afraid to stick their necks out on this. The entire legislation on cannabis is based on the deeply spurious "Report of the Working Party on Drug Abuse, 1971", a mish-mash of unverified moralistic conclusions by an unbalanced (I don't mean mentally!) group of selected opinion on the subject. Of course it's time to debate the matter, and introduce a plebiscite so that our rights are not yet again decided by that small, unqualified, and incapable group of people known as the Oireachtas.
    only problem being that a significant portion of the population are as ignorant, clueless, biased and blinded by propaganda as the fools that sit in the dail. the gardai are as bad when it comes to spouting nonsense about drugs.
    this comment applies to many of the issues that this country faces. and it is the reason that nothing will change here.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast