Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12000+ annual allowance safe for employees as Court upholds their claim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 12000+ annual allowance safe for employees as Court upholds their claim.

Today the High Court had to rule on a claim by two VEC employees intent on keeping €12000+ a year allowances, given originally for tasks that are no longer performed by them. The ruling suggests to me that whoever drew up the scheme long ago missed something. Or maybe they didn't miss it.

The news report says the beneficiaries in this case earn over €100k a year. That is apart from the allowance - I think.

Two VEC bosses win part of legal case over abolition of allowance - Independent.ie

"The CEO of Galway and Mayo VECs are on salaries of over €100,000 each but said a special Transport Liaison Officers Allowance which is worth €12,500 a year to them should not have been cut - even though that part of their role ceased two years ago."

The allowance by law became part of their entitlements, even if what it was given for was no longer part of their duties.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    Today the High Court had to rule on a claim by two VEC employees intent on keeping €12000+ a year allowances, given originally for tasks that are no longer performed by them. The ruling suggests to me that whoever drew up the scheme long ago missed something. Or maybe they didn't miss it.

The news report says the beneficiaries in this case earn over €100k a year. That is apart from the allowance - I think.

Two VEC bosses win part of legal case over abolition of allowance - Independent.ie

"The CEO of Galway and Mayo VECs are on salaries of over €100,000 each but said a special Transport Liaison Officers Allowance which is worth €12,500 a year to them should not have been cut - even though that part of their role ceased two years ago."

The allowance by law became part of their entitlements, even if what it was given for was no longer part of their duties.
    This is the kind of bullsh!t and these are the kind of repugnant parasites that have this country f***ed...

They make me want to puke...

W*nkers...

Do we know how many other VEC bosses have this allowance or is it just these two?

There's a lot of them ...
    Redacted.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    This is the kind of bullsh!t and these are the kind of repugnant parasites that have this country f***ed...

W*nkers...
    I am sure they will consider your opinions carefully tonight as they break open a few extra bottles.
    But at least you have expressed your anger and needn't do anything more about it.
    Last edited by freewillie; 29th May 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

....and so it goes on and on. I agree with you above however, they did not missit, it was well thought out beforehand. A win win situation written up by civil servants for civil servants. I mean it's just more gombeenation ballymagash rules and regulations.

In this day and age with extraordinary circumstances and the country broke etc....this type of situation should get immediate contract change.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's that word that fooked a nation... Entitlements.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post

W*nkers...
    How about useless Noonan not cutting bankers salaries, repugnant parasites that the FFger's are, are the ones that have this country f***ed...

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if we abolish the VEC's (which we should), the employees have to be relocated to other similar-paid jobs in the Public Sector.

Eamon Gilmore's wife moves her €92,000 job to Ruairi Quinn's office
    Eamon Gilmore's wife moves her

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A judge has actually ordered they get paid for a job they no longer perform.

Going by that case, everyone who was made unemployed should sue to have there wages re-instated.

The cost of this should come out of the judges pay.

This is beyond insane.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the kind of sh1te that does a disservice to the thousands of public servants, many of them poorly paid, who have taken a hammering in recent years but continue to put in a good shift every day.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast