Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #VinB - Mon 27/5/2013: Surely it is Time for a New Political Party!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default #VinB - Mon 27/5/2013: Surely it is Time for a New Political Party!?

Guests

• Declan Ganley - Pro and Anti Europe campaigner and failed politician
    • Noel Whelan - Fianna Fáil wingman and so called political analyst
    • Ben Gilroy - Self Confessed Property Rights Guru and Drama Queen
    • Alison O'Connor - Strong, Independent Woman

What's Happening?

Should be a cracker tonight folks. The topic is about does Ireland need new political parties to shake up the Irish political landscape & offer the electorate some real alternatives? Yes, Vincent, I'm sure we all agree at this stage
    Maybe Deccie will make up his mind on whether Europe is good for us or not. Is he relaunching Libertas? Where's DC again??
    Or is Noely here to wag the dogs bollix about Fianna Fáil and how they are Ireland's answer to the crisis caused by...well you guessed it...Fianna Fáil.
    Perhaps Ben Gilroy is here to say that his party which failed in the Bye-election is tomorrows answer for today's problems.
    Alison will be on her monthly cycle throwing Vinnie Evil's.

Update on Norm

Yes folks, as you are aware, Norm is on yet another mission. I had to step in for one night only to re-leave AP of his duties so he can grovel to Norm apologising for some dodgy #VinB threads last week.
    Norm is digging for some moles in a far flunk corner of Finland. He hopes to eradicate the threat he has been dealing with for a few weeks now. AP will be back tomorrow to continue the story.
    To be Continued...

New political party launched - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Wed, Nov 14, 2012
    Ganley may run again for Europe | The Sunday Times
    Newstalk - Fianna Fail & Fine Gael neck and neck in polls

http://www.politics.ie/forum/oireach...s-ireland.html
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/politic...cal-party.html
    http://www.politics.ie/forum/current...-start-up.html

Previous #Vinb: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backsta...-politics.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

What Else is on?
    Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - Sky Movies Comedy 22:00
    (2004, Comedy) The chauvinistic host of a top-rated American news programme in 1970s San Diego fights for his status and job security when they are threatened by the arrival of an ambitious female reporter, whose determination to become a newsreader leads to a bitter battle of the sexes. Comedy, starring Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Fred Willard and Steve Carell.
    The film was generally well received by critics with a 66% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Rus
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member Frank Galton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vinnie should move with the times and do that topic jointly with a social media angle or other online outfit (e.g. politics.ie?) since the evidence from other European countries is that emerging parties have had a heavy social media/Internet presence that at 1st was not obvious in the party political structures.
    The Daily Mail -- the world's biggest cut-and-paste operation.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should be an interesting episode but if Ireland needs a new party, it needs a party with real plans and an economic vision as opposed to just a new party for the sake of it. Also, it is hard to see a new party doing well in Dail elections, maybe in locals, but how realistic is it that the political establishment can be challenged at their own game?

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree we need a new party. But I don't think Vincent and I would agree on its policies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    I agree we need a new party. But I don't think Vincent and I would agree on its policies.
    Vincent will be so disappointed.
    Cry your hardest now, it opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes and softens down the temper. So cry away.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We don't need just one new political party - we need a entire new spectrum of political parties to replace the status quo political block that had ruled this country since it's foundation as an independent state.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DAZ14 View Post
    Should be an interesting episode but if Ireland needs a new party, it needs a party with real plans and an economic vision as opposed to just a new party for the sake of it.
    Exactly. If a few well-known economists who do have alternative economic strategies ever got the balls to run, it could do the trick. But I think that whether the new party's policies, it needs to focus on curbing overspending and wastage, especially in the Department for Health, which is just insane at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can we have a game whereby when gilroy spouts patent nonsense that vinnie gets to slap him in the face with a wet fish
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh yes, and well done rus on the early thread. no frills, no dancing girls, just early info
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    This party may suit you. https://www.facebook.com/TheDodoParty

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast