Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: US based Child Pageant coming to Ireland?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default US based Child Pageant coming to Ireland?

Lord help us - I detest all this malarkey - it is bordering on child abuse.

Controversial US child pageant to make Irish debut in September | Irish News | IrishCentral

“As seen on Toddlers & Tiaras Television Show, Universal Royalty Beauty Pageant the most talked about Child Beauty Pageant world wide will be in Dublin & Cork, Ireland to host another fantastic GLITZ beauty pageant for babies, toddlers and teens,” a statement from the company said this week.

Texas-based Universal Royalty Beauty Pageant said they are not going to announce where they event will be staged to prevent media backlash, after they were forced to cancel a pageant in Ireland last year

Controversial US child pageant to make Irish debut | Irish Examiner

However, bosses confirmed that the beauty contest will be open to “babies, toddlers and teens” — and will include a heat with youngsters decked out in swimwear — with “great prizes and trophies” on offer for the winners.

They also said the event would be no different to previous controversial pageants held regularly across the US, which often include children as young as three or four wearing false eyelashes, hair extensions, and push-up, padded bras.

Children’s watchdogs and child psychologists in Ireland have been vocal in their opposition to child beauty pageants, warning that the long-term effects on youngsters who take part could be devastating.

They have argued that innocent children are being exploited, sexualised, and encouraged to be obsessed about their looks, adding that the high pressure put on them to win could lead to mental problems in later life.

Hopefully this attempt will be as unsuccessful as the last. Parents who use their children this way should be ashamed of themselves. Or am I being too harsh?

Dylan2010

I heard about this last week, trying to keep the hotel secret apparently , Wouldn't ban it but would take the p1ss out of it from here to Doomsday. Please confirm by suspicion that it will be mostly skangers and travellers from West Dublin that will be entering????? mind you the fake hair and tan in kids Irish dancing is trying to nip at the heels

I've never approved of these child beauty pageants, I've no issue with adult ones since the girls consent but frankly a pageant for kids is creepy and weird to be honest. Sad that Irish people are just as big of fools as Americans it seems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fantastic. Bringing a bunch of pre-teens with body issues to a country of 2000 priests and a sustained history of hiding child abuse.

What. Could. Possibly. Go. Wrong.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

However, bosses confirmed that the beauty contest will be open to “babies, toddlers and teens” — and will include a heat with youngsters decked out in swimwear — with “great prizes and trophies” on offer for the winners.

They also said the event would be no different to previous controversial pageants held regularly across the US, which often include children as young as three or four wearing false eyelashes, hair extensions, and push-up, padded bras.
    Jesus. Christ. No.

Politics.ie Member dizillusioned's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Oh come on Cruimh, we know you have secret repressed issues and wanting to participate....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh dear God no!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Should be banned.
    For Children below the age of 16.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast