Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFLOW and Jusice.

Default EFLOW and Jusice.

Received a letter from EFLOW shortly after trading in my Skoda Fabia for an Octavia Elegance, 28TH March. It seems the Fabia had been seen on the M50 April 3rd. So I get a bill for 3 Euro.

I telephone EFLOW and explain to a girl that the car was no longer mine.

She said she would pass on that info to the powers that be.

A week later two letters arrive from EFlow Claiming added Euros for late payment!

I ignore the letters. More letters from EFlow demanding payment with threats of highly increased penalties.

I contact Eflow and am told to provide documentary proof of the change of ownership of the Fabia. I send a photocopy of the dealership contract.

Yesterday I call Eflow after receiving more letters demanding payment with 100 Euros mentioned! The guy on the telephone tells me I was still the registered owner of the Fabia on the 3rd of April 2013. I told him I was not on the M50 on that date. "Doesn't matter you are still liable!".

So if the guy/gal driving the car at the time had hit a pedestrian and killed him/her I would be liable?

Crazy state of affairs backed up by the Department of Transport.

Nevertheless this morning I received a letter from EFlow accepting my argument and documentary proof and I am no longer being pursued for the cash.

In all it has taken dozens of letters and a number of telephone calls to straighten out the affair. But Catch 22 had nothing on the conversation I had with the guy on the telephone yesterday. A stickler for the rules no matter how crazy they were.
    "Can't you just delete the case now you know the truth of the situation and that I have no plans at all to pay the money EFLOW requests? I said.
    "No, he replied, you will have to contact the Department of Transport.
    I was Transported! To the realms of Joseph Heller!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I wouldn't have bothered with all the effort. Send the photocopy via registered mail. Ignore all further letters and refer all phone correspondence to the registered letter. Then hang up. Their failure to organise themselves shouldn't take up your time.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They tried to get 7k from me for a series of tolls, which I had in fact paid. They didn't have my correct address - god knows why - and so they just kept raising my fines without once contacting me. At some point I moved house and they got my new address somehow as part of that.

I was able to prove I paid at least a few of them, luckily, so they then tried to bring it down to a couple of grand.

I basically laughed them off the phone.

They sent threatening letters, but like you I was able to show they had actually no evidence at all about what I'd paid and what I'd actually paid and what I hadn't.

It's a total shambles and god knows how much they're illegally stealing from people and how much they're losing through incompetence.

What a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my brother in law owes them thousands, crosses the m50 twice a day never paid a penny since it went freeflow......the ,mother has a shed full of post from eflow.
    He just says good to them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I wouldn't have bothered with all the effort. Send the photocopy via registered mail. Ignore all further letters and refer all phone correspondence to the registered letter. Then hang up. Their failure to organise themselves shouldn't take up your time.
    But I was enjoying the fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Send them a registered letter outlining the details that you traded in the vehicle on x date, the copy of the vehicle transaction inquiry for your old reg number on motortax.ie, and tell them that if they don't disist from harrassing you that your advising them that your fee for e-flow is €200 per 1/2 for administratively dealing with this issue from hereon in. I wouldn't bother phoning them.

Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    Send them a registered letter outlining the details that you traded in the vehicle on x date, the copy of the vehicle transaction inquiry for your old reg number on motortax.ie, and tell them that if they don't disist from harrassing you that your advising them that your fee for e-flow is €200 per 1/2 for administratively dealing with this issue from hereon in. I wouldn't bother phoning them.
    I did send a note about them harassing a senior citizen and that I might have to sue them!

How many innocents face the added costs and pay up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    I did send a note about them harassing a senior citizen and that I might have to sue them!

How many innocents face the added costs and pay up?
    A relative of mine had similar problems when he went through the M50 having already pre-paid the toll. They're a bunch of w8nkers and that's putting it mildly. They're obviously not keeping proper books of accounts under company law if they're improperly billing people to the extent that they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    Received a letter from EFLOW shortly after trading in my Skoda Fabia for an Octavia Elegance, 28TH March. It seems the Fabia had been seen on the M50 April 3rd. So I get a bill for 3 Euro.

I telephone EFLOW and explain to a girl that the car was no longer mine.

She said she would pass on that info to the powers that be.

A week later two letters arrive from EFlow Claiming added Euros for late payment!

I ignore the letters. More letters from EFlow demanding payment with threats of highly increased penalties.

I contact Eflow and am told to provide documentary proof of the change of ownership of the Fabia. I send a photocopy of the dealership contract.

Yesterday I call Eflow after receiving more letters demanding payment with 100 Euros mentioned! The guy on the telephone tells me I was still the registered owner of the Fabia on the 3rd of April 2013. I told him I was not on the M50 on that date. "Doesn't matter you are still liable!".

So if the guy/gal driving the car at the time had hit a pedestrian and killed him/her I would be liable?

Crazy state of affairs backed up by the Department of Transport.

Nevertheless this morning I received a letter from EFlow accepting my argument and documentary proof and I am no longer being pursued for the cash.

In all it has taken dozens of letters and a number of telephone calls to straighten out the affair. But Catch 22 had nothing on the conversation I had with the guy on the telephone yesterday. A stickler for the rules no matter how crazy they were.
    "Can't you just delete the case now you know the truth of the situation and that I have no plans at all to pay the money EFLOW requests? I said.
    "No, he replied, you will have to contact the Department of Transport.
    I was Transported! To the realms of Joseph Heller!
    I've had run ins with eflow, O2 and many debt collection agencies. Their threats are all hot air.

When your debts are small there is little they can to you... They can't touch your credit record without getting very costly judgements against you in the courts... Usually registered letters disputing their claims silences them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that lot should be ran out of the country,another golden cow the government give away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast