Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dermot Desmond: Inflation Or Default Will Do The Trick For Ireland

Default Dermot Desmond: Inflation Or Default Will Do The Trick For Ireland

I'd say Dermot is a little out of his depth here but he mentions the two nuclear options that will solve Ireland's public debt problem. I don't know what gives him the confidence to advise us on how to squander our public money but the two options are guaranteed to solve one side of the debt equation. Is a sovereign default back in the cards and an exit from the Eurozone with controlled (hyper)inflation?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So now Dermot Desmond agrees with Sinn Féin. Cue all the right wing hoors claiming they thought this was a good idea all along.

Eurasia: always at war with Oceania, or is it Eastasia, I forget? Doublethink is so hard these days.

D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think any thing in worth a try, we are going no where the way we are going. we will be like japan was for 20 years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    I'd say Dermot is a little out of his depth here but he mentions the two nuclear options that will solve Ireland's public debt problem. I don't know what gives him the confidence to advise us on how to squander our public money but the two options are guaranteed to solve one side of the debt equation. Is a sovereign default back in the cards and an exit from the Eurozone with controlled (hyper)inflation?
    Why is he out of his depth?

Why should he not have an opinion on how our public money is spent?

"Exit from the Eurozone"? - that's not mentioned anywhere in the article.

He does not advocate hyper inflation either. He, rightly, states moderate inflation would reduce our debt ratios.

Another sh1te OP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How is a mutli millionaire adventure capitalist out of his depth?

Is it because Mr Desmond sugggest defaulting, which as we all know is a loony left idea that would cause the sky to fall un top of us.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

MrFunkyZombaloo

Going on...oh for almost 5 years now I've been saying it (default). Mr Desmond is late to the party but that's always better than never.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuineEile View Post
    So now Dermot Desmond agrees with Sinn Féin. Cue all the right wing hoors claiming they thought this was a good idea all along.

Eurasia: always at war with Oceania, or is it Eastasia, I forget? Doublethink is so hard these days.

D
    PSF are pro the Euro.

Sinn Féin will support the adoption of the Euro in a referendum: de Brún | Sinn Féin

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyZombaloo View Post
    Going on...oh for almost 5 years now I've been saying it (default). Mr Desmond is late to the party but that's always better than never.
    The best option for the eurozone is an organized default for those who need it.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegregster View Post
    The best option for the eurozone is an organized default for those who need it.
    The best option for the Eurozone is for Germany to leave it. The Euro would then sharply depreciate against other currencies, and the remaining Eurozone countries would be competitive again on international export markets, without any need for default.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    I don't know what gives him the confidence to advise us on how to squander our public money

The small matter of betting both ways?
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast