Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslim Leaders Visit Auschwitz & Dachau concentration camps.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Muslim Leaders Visit Auschwitz & Dachau concentration camps.

This is what we need! More understanding by religious leaders so that they can go back and educate their flock accordingly.

Some of the quotes speak volumes:

"The main aim is to get Muslims who are leaders all over the world, particularly in the Middle East, to acknowledge the reality of what happened here and to be able to teach it to the people that they lead," said trip organiser Rabbi Jack Bemporad,
    "I think that when someone wants to deny the Holocaust or think that it is exaggerated, which many of them do and certainly many of their followers do, when they come here and see it, their experience is such that they can no longer think that," Rabbi Bemporad said.
    You may read every book about the Holocaust but it's nothing like when you see this place where people were burned," said Mohamed Magid, president of the Islamic Society of North America.
    "This is the building, the bricks. If they were to speak to you and I, they would tell you how many cries and screams they have heard."
    BBC News - Muslim leaders' Auschwitz visit boosts Holocaust knowledge
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If only the problems in the middle east were as smple as lack of understanding of the Holocaust on the part of the Muslims. They know that the Germans did terrible things to the Jews.. they just don't understand how they ended up paying for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    This is what we need! More understanding by religious leaders so that they can go back and educate their flock accordingly.

Some of the quotes speak volumes:

BBC News - Muslim leaders' Auschwitz visit boosts Holocaust knowledge
    The point most 'Muslim leaders' in the middle east make is generally not that the holocaust didn't happen, its that it wasn't their fault - so why are today's jews taking arab land? Several have pointed out that if Israel is payback for the holocaust, why isn't Israel located in Bavaria? I think that is a fair point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Israel is not and never has been
    payback for the holocaust
    Palestine was ceded to the Jews by the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

When Jewish settlers formed the state of Israel in 1948 - totally recognised by the United Nations - the Arab response was to try and wipe out and it's Jewish citizens off the state of the Earth. If that had never happened - nor any of the other wars against Israel by it's neighbours - then things there may be entirely different.

Don't get me wrong either. There are many things being carried out by the Israeli government that I disagree with but the fact remain that the state of Israel is a legal entity.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    If only the problems in the middle east were as smple as lack of understanding of the Holocaust on the part of the Muslims. They know that the Germans did terrible things to the Jews.. they just don't understand how they ended up paying for it.
    Getting a late post in before you head off to school?

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    Getting a late post in before you head off to school?
    WTF you on about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    Israel is not and never has been Palestine was ceded to the Jews by the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

When Jewish settlers formed the state of Israel in 1948 - totally recognised by the United Nations - the Arab response was to try and wipe out and it's Jewish citizens off the state of the Earth. If that had never happened - nor any of the other wars against Israel by it's neighbours - then things there may be entirely different.

Don't get me wrong either. There are many things being carried out by the Israeli government that I disagree with but the fact remain that the state of Israel is a legal entity.
    Palestine was ceded by Britain to the jews? Did anyone ask the Palestinians?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Palestine was ceded by Britain to the jews? Did anyone ask the Palestinians?
    It was indeed. They did own it at the time. Perhaps a read of the Declaration itself will show if Palestinian leaders were consulted about it. Either way, the State of Israel is legally recognised.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does the BBC news site ever shut up about this subject?
    We get some "holocaust" related story about twice a month.
    At some point the gloves must come off and we face our adversaries.
    We're all Rhodesians now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    The point most 'Muslim leaders' in the middle east make is generally not that the holocaust didn't happen, its that it wasn't their fault - so why are today's jews taking arab land? Several have pointed out that if Israel is payback for the holocaust, why isn't Israel located in Bavaria? I think that is a fair point.
    you do know that palestine/israel is not "arab"? any more than india is chinese.
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast