Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Croke Park is dead; long live, eh, Haddington Road

Default Croke Park is dead; long live, eh, Haddington Road

Public service pay deal published - RTÉ News

48 pages of fudge and compromise here, for your pleasure/torture.

http://static.rasset.ie/documents/ne...-agreement.pdf

The Labour Relations Commission confirms to all parties that the positions set out in this document
    represent the limit of what can be achieved by negotiation between the parties in all of the circumstances
    applying at this time. On that basis the Commission puts the positions set out as its proposals for collective
    agreement between the parties.

The Parties acknowledge the significant level of reform that has taken place across the public service
    under the Public Service Agreement 2010-2014. However, they also agree that further measures are
    required to underpin the delivery of a more integrated, efficient and effective public service. Under this
    Agreement further sustainable reform measures will be implemented in the following areas:
    - Redeployment
    - Performance management
    - Flexible working arrangements
    - Work-sharing arrangements
    - Workforce restructuring.

The Government reaffirms the commitment given under Paragraphs 1.6 and 1.15 of the Public Service
    Agreement in relation to pay rates of public servants and compulsory redundancy, subject to the
    provisions set out in this Agreement
    First question:

Will it be accepted?

Second question:

Are government threats (you know, the bit about enforced pay cuts if CPA2 was rejected), meaningless?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

The standard working hours of public servants will increase as follows:

Those with a working week of 35 hours or less (net of rest breaks) will increase to a minimum of a 37 hour week.

Those with a working week that is greater than 35 hours but less than 39 hours (net of rest breaks) will increase to a 39 hour week.

Working hours of those currently with a net working week of 39 hours or greater will remain the same. However, an hour of overtime worked each week for these grades will be unpaid until 31st March 2014.

Extra hours worked will be deployed and may be aggregated on a daily, weekly or annual basis as best meets service demands, following local consultation, based on the principles agreed in each sector.

Overtime arrangements are revised as follows:

a) For those on salaries of up to €35,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay), overtime will be paid at time and a half at the first point of the appropriate scale. This formula will not apply to any scale where this provision would result in overtime being paid at less than time at any point on the scale. In the case of such scales, the formula set out in (b) below will apply.

b) For those on salaries (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay) of €35,000 or greater, overtime will be paid at the rate of time and a quarter at the individual’s scale point.

2.12 Divisors for the calculation of overtime will be adjusted to take account of any additional hours provided for above.

2.13 For those grades currently with a working week of 39 hours or more (net of rest breaks), an hour of overtime worked each week will be unpaid until 31st March 2014.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes and yes.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Premia

2.14 Sunday staffing and other reforms: Management will actively seek to reduce the overall numbers of staff rostered for duty on Sundays. At the same time, all staff will co-operate with measures to achieve the most cost-effective skill-mix and staffing ratios to meet service needs.

2.15 Twilight payments and any equivalent payments across sectors, will no longer be payable.

Increments

For those on salaries below €35,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay), a three month increment freeze will apply during the Agreement. This freeze will take effect after the next increment is paid with the following increment being awarded in fifteen months rather than twelve, or equivalent if the increment interval is longer.

2.17 For those on salaries between €35,000 and €65,000, inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay, two three-month increment freezes will apply (total of a six month freeze) during the Agreement. As above, this would take effect after the next increment is paid but for two consecutive years there would be a fifteen month period between increment dates. If the increment interval is longer than 12 months, the freeze will be for a single 6 month period.

2.18 For those on salaries above €65,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay) to the max of the Principal (higher) scale or equivalent in the civil service or similar across the public service, two six month increment freezes will apply. These freezes will take effect after the payment of the next due increment with the following two increments being awarded in 18 months rather than 12 months, or equivalent if the increment date is longer.

2.19 Incremental progression will be suspended for three years for those on salaries scales starting over€100,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay).

2.22 For those currently on the final point on the incremental scale and with salaries between €35,000 and
    €65,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay), the following arrangements will apply, apart from those grades with an annual leave entitlement of 23 days or less, in the interests of equity:
     A total reduction of annual leave entitlement over the period of the Agreement of 6 days:
    Or
     A cash deduction from salary of an equivalent amount to the value of the 6 annual leave days or a half of the most recent increment, whichever is the lesser.

2.23 For those on salaries between €35,000 and €65,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay) and
    who reach the maximum of the scale following a single 15 month incremental period, a reduction of annual leave entitlement of 3 days will apply, or an equivalent amount to the value of the 3 annual leave days or a quarter of the most recent increment, whichever is the lesser.

Higher remuneration

2.24 In addition to the measures on increments above, and as a means to ensuring broad equity of contribution, the Parties note that the Government intends to apply a reduction in pay for those on salaries of €65,000 and greater (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay) as follows:

Annualised amount of Remuneration

Any amount up to €80,000 = 5.5%
    Any amount over €80,000 but not over €150,000 =8%
    Any amount over €150,000 but not over €185,000 = 9%
    Any amount over €185,000 = 10%

For those on salaries (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay) above €65,000 to the max of the Principal (higher) scale or equivalent in the civil service or similar across the public service, the reduction in pay above will be restored to the pay rate that they would have had, but for the pay reduction, within a maximum of 18 months of the end of this 3 year Agreement between the parties which is intended to commence with effect from 1st July 2013. The restoration will be in two equal phases – the first after 9 months and the second 9 months later.

Sod this!

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Public service pay deal published - RTÉ News

48 pages of fudge and compromise here, for your pleasure/torture.

http://static.rasset.ie/documents/ne...-agreement.pdf

First question:

Will it be accepted?

Second question:

Are government threats (you know, the bit about enforced pay cuts if CPA2 was rejected), meaningless?

Compromise is the essence of Industrial Relations.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Compromise is the essence of Industrial Relations.
    Indeed it is. As is saving the necks of government and union negotiators.

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast