Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 102 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1018

Thread: The Stephen Nolan Radio Show

  1. #1

    Default The Stephen Nolan Radio Show

    Hi,

    Do many people on this thread listen to the Stephen Nolan show regularly? I occasionally listen to it, the audioboo's can be interesting occasionally. I dont know what to make of him? He can be very good at getting at politicians at times. Both sides.

    I didnt like his "I dont do the south" comments this morning. Though each to their own i suppose.

    I thought we could use this thread to discuss topics covered on the show?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Éamonn an Chnoic View Post
    Hi,

    Do many people on this thread listen to the Stephen Nolan show regularly? I occasionally listen to it, the audioboo's can be interesting occasionally. I dont know what to make of him? He can be very good at getting at politicians at times. Both sides.

    I didnt like his "I dont do the south" comments this morning. Though each to their own i suppose.

    I thought we could use this thread to discuss topics covered on the show?
    He's a unionist, no doubt about that. Always cutting Nationalists with Brains like Chris Donnelly off, while happy to let Loyalists with only 7 brain cells prattle on all day. I'm not normally one to complain about such a thing but it's a fact - he's biased.
    Last edited by InsideImDancing; 22nd May 2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,055
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsideImDancing View Post
    He's a unionists, no doubt about that. Always cutting Nationalists with Brains like Chris Donnelly off, while happy to let Loyalists with only 7 brain cells prattle on all day. I'm not normally one to complain about such a thing but it's a fact - he's biased.
    That the yank from slugger? anyway re OP never listen to him and avoid his TV show like the plague Norn Iron's Jeremy Kyle but thinks he's Jeremy Paxman... plus he owes moi a fiver...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    That the yank from slugger? anyway re OP never listen to him and avoid his TV show like the plague Norn Iron's Jeremy Kyle but thinks he's Jeremy Paxman... plus he owes moi a fiver...
    Maybe it's just people with half a brain that he cuts off.

    Chris Donnelly is on Slugger but he's not a yank, he'd wipe the floor with many on here.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member bona na croin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Donegal/London
    Posts
    1,777
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    That the yank from slugger? anyway re OP never listen to him and avoid his TV show like the plague Norn Iron's Jeremy Kyle but thinks he's Jeremy Paxman... plus he owes moi a fiver...
    Did you two make a bet on who was the most egotistical......?
    “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” Viktor E. Frankl.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Éamonn an Chnoic View Post
    He gives Conall McDevitt plenty of air time as far as i can see... Jim Wilson as well... Him being a unionist isnt much of a concern to me, but, granted the comment wasnt offensive or anything. But for a BBC current affairs broadcaster to think its ok to say "I dont do the south" is a bit shocking.

    Regardless, he has grown on me... Most mornings Pat Kenny, Ray Darcy or Stephen Nolan would be the show id tune into depending on the topic being discussed.
    He gives politicians a fair go but I'm talking about normal callers, during the flegging craic a few Nationalist came on and were in the process of wiping the floor with a few bigots (using the big L - logic), and he cut them clean off. There was no doubt about what he was at and now he's saying he doesn't do the south, well in that case I don't do Stephen Nolan.

    Plus.....he's a clampitt anyway...
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Pat Mc Larnon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Belfast
    Posts
    5,588
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InsideImDancing View Post
    Chris Donnelly is on Slugger but he's not a yank, he'd wipe the floor with many on here.
    Yip, Chris made a contribution from the audience the night of the infamous, staged programme that Nolan set up in the midst of the unionist fleg violence. He was allowed to make one contribution but after wiping the floor with the knuckle draggers was not asked to comment again. Wilson and Wamie were allowed to hold court while Gerry Kelly made them look like the bell ends they were.
    Last edited by Pat Mc Larnon; 22nd May 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    The faults of the burglar are the qualities of the financier. - George Bernard Shaw.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere!
    Posts
    21,877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Mc Larnon View Post
    Yip, Chris made a contribution from the audience the night of the infamous, staged programme that Nolan set up in the midst of the unionist fleg violence. He was allowed to make one contribution but after wiping the floor with the knuckle draggers was not asked to comment again. Wilson and Wamie were alowed to hold court while Gerry Kelly made them look like the bell ends they were.
    Chris was really on form on the radio show though and he cut him clean off along with a few others.
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

  9. #9
    Castle Ray
    Guest

    Default

    A BBC programme on Northern Ireland current affairs not wanting to be side-tracked into covering other states....whatever next?

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    County Londonderry/East Anglia
    Posts
    9,338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Éamonn an Chnoic View Post
    Hi,

    Do many people on this thread listen to the Stephen Nolan show regularly? I occasionally listen to it, the audioboo's can be interesting occasionally. I dont know what to make of him? He can be very good at getting at politicians at times. Both sides.

    I didnt like his "I dont do the south" comments this morning. Though each to their own i suppose.

    I thought we could use this thread to discuss topics covered on the show?
    No. When i'm in the car I listen to music. But my father likes to listen to Downtown or radio Ulster. I do watch his show though when its on and I enjoy it. Interesting debates. I do get very angry sometimes when those irritating bitter politicians come on and start arguing about nonsense.

Page 1 of 102 123451151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •