Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Fall" - Crime Series on RTE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "The Fall" - Crime Series on RTE

I have watched the first two episodes of this series. Wondering were there any views. I generally don't like these kinds of programs with all the associated graphic violence and corpses (which I just don't look at). The acting, production, attention to detail and the Belfast setting, though, make this utterly compelling viewing. The portrayal in tonight's episode of the person finding her sister's body and the policewoman's regret at not preventing the murder were very well done. Its not perfect but kudos to all concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ironic that RTE is calling this home grown drama considering they had nothing to do with it, instead it being a BBC NI production.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know it is a BBC production. Its a high quality production period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magror14 View Post
    I know it is a BBC production. Its a high quality production period.
    Only seen the first episode - deliberately didn't watch it on RTE tonight as I'm Sky+-ing the BBC (i.e. ad-free) showing.

What I took from watching episode 1 was: high production values, plays with genre conventions, has what are shaping up to be some excellect performances, and definitely some outside-the-box writing.

At the end of that first episode I found myself thinking "where the hell is this going?"... and that's so rare in a tv cop show (and a "serial killer" one at that) that I have high hopes for this one.

On the other hand, I've been disappointed before...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It`s decent, certainly a level above the usual British or Irish tv crime drama.

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's that the Indo said today about it.... North Iron is one country with more real serial killers than the TV programs been produced about the matter.
    swk
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    Only seen the first episode - deliberately didn't watch it on RTE tonight as I'm Sky+-ing the BBC (i.e. ad-free) showing.

What I took from watching episode 1 was: high production values, plays with genre conventions, has what are shaping up to be some excellect performances, and definitely some outside-the-box writing.

At the end of that first episode I found myself thinking "where the hell is this going?"... and that's so rare in a tv cop show (and a "serial killer" one at that) that I have high hopes for this one.

On the other hand, I've been disappointed before...
    The second episode will not dissappoint. Looks like the continental take on the police drama (The Killing, Spiral 4 etc) has started to lift the Beeb's game.

I agree it is hard to see where the show is going. The murderer father is both normal and grossly disgusting at the same time. That's a bit too complicated for your Daily Mail reader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm with Mitsui above. BBC for taping the series then pick a wet, cold and miserable summers evening and watch it.

Re the home grown aspect of the production, is that more mystical 'green shoots' ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    I'm with Mitsui above. BBC for taping the series then pick a wet, cold and miserable summers evening and watch it.

Re the home grown aspect of the production, is that more mystical 'green shoots' ?
    No, I like a few TV show a week that I look forward to. Also psychologically, on Sunday evenings with Monday to follow its nice to have a show to like. I never watched Love/Hate as I was put off by what seemed to be the glorification of crime(probably should have given it a chance). Anyway it was on a Sunday evening too. Its a good slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magror14 View Post
    No, I like a few TV show a week that I look forward to. Also psychologically, on Sunday evenings with Monday to follow its nice to have a show to like. I never watched Love/Hate as I was put off by what seemed to be the glorification of crime(probably should have given it a chance). Anyway it was on a Sunday evening too. Its a good slot.
    Love/Hate isn't all that great TBH. Best of a bad lot. Everyone kept telling me how fantastic it was so I downloaded the first three series and sat and watched them one week when I was off work sick. Kept waiting for it to take off...
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast