Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan Burton Under Pressure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Joan Burton Under Pressure

Aine Lawlor filled in for Marian today. A lively and interesting discussion where poor Minister Burton was obviously under pressure as all the guests were very scathing at the behavior of the present government.

The guests, Prof. Michael O'Keeffe, ophthalmologist, Michael Clifford, columnist with Irish Examiner, Jim Power, economist and Maureen Gaffney, clinical psychologist, did not shy from speaking what they thought.

I'm posting the link, click on "Sunday newspaper panel, part 1". I reckon it was a most telling piece. At one stage Prof O'Keeffe talking about this government as dictatorship like. Scathing also of Minister Reilly and his plans to go backwards and Minister Shatter's recent behavior.

Marian Finucane Sunday 19 May 2013 - Marian Finucane - RTÉ Radio 1
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there anyone in the Labour Party capable of joined up thinking? Why is Gilmore allowing members of his party to take the heat on this? If it was a Labour minister you wouldn`t find a Fine Gaeler anywhere near a microphone. This piece of stupidity that Shatter started now has the capacity to hurt Labour more than Fine Gael.
    If I was a Labour member or a high profile Labour supporter I would not rest until I made contact with the leadership and made my thoughts abundantly clear.

Politics.ie Member seanmoylantd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was listening . A presenter who doesn't interrupt . That Marian F doesn't know broadcasting gold when she hears it . She's like someone with Tournettes . She interrupts for the sake of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Aine Lawlor filled in for Marian today. A lively and interesting discussion where poor Minister Burton was obviously under pressure as all the guests were very scathing at the behavior of the present government.

The guests, Prof. Michael O'Keeffe, ophthalmologist, Michael Clifford, columnist with Irish Examiner, Jim Power, economist and Maureen Gaffney, clinical psychologist, did not shy from speaking what they thought.

I'm posting the link, click on "Sunday newspaper panel, part 1". I reckon it was a most telling piece. At one stage Prof O'Keeffe talking about this government as dictatorship like. Scathing also of Minister Reilly and his plans to go backwards and Minister Shatter's recent behavior.

Marian Finucane Sunday 19 May 2013 - Marian Finucane - RTÉ Radio 1

I listened and I was appalled how stupid Burton was. For most of the programme she just evaded the Shatter/ Wallace aspect. when she was eventually cornered like the rat she is she said Shatter would be quizzed in the Dail. She refused point blank to avail of the chance to side with the citizens for once and say that if minister Shatter was out of line he would have a case to answer. Instead she did what all of our snivelling politicians do in these situations, she circled the wagons and defended the political establishment to the detriment of truth and democracy and us ordinary citizens. James Connolly espousers my hole!
    Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by comet View Post
    Is there anyone in the Labour Party capable of joined up thinking? Why is Gilmore allowing members of his party to take the heat on this? If it was a Labour minister you wouldn`t find a Fine Gaeler anywhere near a microphone. This piece of stupidity that Shatter started now has the capacity to hurt Labour more than Fine Gael.
    If I was a Labour member or a high profile Labour supporter I would not rest until I made contact with the leadership and made my thoughts abundantly clear.
    Yep, a Labour Minister took the flak for the bigger partner. And she did not come out of it looking well at all.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is quite odd . I must admit I expected Labour to react as they have done. But I assumed it would be Rabitte or Quinn etc to grace the airwaves and throw mud in defence of their mates. I didn't think Burton would be that daft. She had Created a perception that she was keeping an eye on goings on and somehow wasn't as culpable as the others at the slicing and dicing of Shortall in favour of Reilly, well she scuppered that idea. Id say councillors in the LP must've beyond themselves with worry.
    #3amigos

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Typical Shatter and Fine Gael,

Instead of people asking questions of them and them losing ground in their popularity the whole fiasco becomes another bashing for Labour.

They really must be thick in the Labour Party to not realise they are the mud flaps of the government.
    Last edited by operationbustnation; 20th May 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by operationbustnation View Post
    Typical Shatter and Fine Gael,

Instead of people asking questions of them and them losing ground in their popularity the whole fiasco becomes another bashing for Labour.

They really must be thick in the Labour Party to noe realise they are the mud flaps of the government.
    Just hanging on for the pension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dresden8 View Post
    Just hanging on for the pension.
    Obviously! Hot Air Labour Party Mud Flaps love money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the 3 main parties must be laughing all the way to their pensions bank as not one new group has bothered to give us a real choice. What is wrong with us? what does it say about us? We have an excessive amount of choice in nearly everything in our lives and have 3 or 4 political parties and two of those are the same.

Have to admit I find it mind blowing.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast