Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Namawinelake public interest blog closes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A good day for deluded charlatans

With the closure of Namawinelake, the gombeenomic stranglehold on public policy in this country has tightened it's grip further.

Nothing must be allowed to rock the boat as Ireland "returns the markets", as crushed europhile vassal state. The financial security of the gombeen parasite class depends on it.

The problems are not unique to Ireland as this cartoon shows (Nassim Taleb vs mainsteam economic loons)

Last edited by Volatire; 19th May 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I like how you're using the closure of a blog which dealt an awful lot with the folly of assumption to make an assumption as to why it was closed. It's very meta. I'm guessing the author would find it amusing.

It's sad it's done. There's no reason stated on the blog as to why it's closing down, the articles are staying up and the contacts remain protected. It seems foolish to offer statements of fact as to who (if anyone) is behind the author's decision to close it down.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a great drawing, Voltaire.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can a charlatan be deluded? Would someone not either be a charlatan or delusional, but are the two not mutually exclusive?
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I like how you're using the closure of a blog which dealt an awful lot with the folly of assumption to make an assumption as to why it was closed. It's very meta. I'm guessing the author would find it amusing.

It's sad it's done. There's no reason stated on the blog as to why it's closing down, the articles are staying up and the contacts remain protected. It seems foolish to offer statements of fact as to who (if anyone) is behind the author's decision to close it down.
    I have not made an assumption about why it has closed down.

We do know who benefits, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    Can a charlatan be deluded? Would someone not either be a charlatan or delusional, but are the two not mutually exclusive?
    When they believe their own drivel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    When they believe their own drivel.
    But then they're not charlatans, they're just stupid or delusional. By definition, to be a charlatan requires intent.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    But then they're not charlatans, they're just stupid or delusional. By definition, to be a charlatan requires intent.
    Well not necessarily; it is possible to knowingly be a charlatan but also be deluded about other things.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nama Wine Lake did a lot more to expose well-connected corruption in this country than this site ever did.

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    With the closure of Namawinelake, the gombeenomic stranglehold on public policy in this country has tightened it's grip further.

Nothing must be allowed to rock the boat as Ireland "returns the markets", as crushed europhile vassal state. The financial security of the gombeen parasite class depends on it.

The problems are not unique to Ireland as this cartoon shows (Nassim Taleb vs mainsteam economic loons)

This is a sad loss for those wishing to be informed as to what is happening in Ireland.

Now all we are left with is lies from the Sindo and other vested interest media outlets.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast