Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Double standards of Sindo again: Shatter issue, no shame ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Double standards of Sindo again: Shatter issue, no shame ?

The Sindo is big today ,as I expected it would,on the Shatter/Wallace issue. No problem, but I thought that at least they would have the cop on to stay away from it. This same Sindo who ran with a Sam Smyth story about the Frank Connolly passport issue from info leaked to Sam by then Justice Minister Michael McDowell.

Sindo also gives a weekly col to Willie O Dea who as Minister used garda information (wrongly) to smear a political opponent in Limerick. O Dea also made a false affidavit on the issue, it all eventually led to his resignation from Cabinet.

Have the Sindo no shame at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    The Sindo is big today ,as I expected it would,on the Shatter/Wallace issue. No problem, but I thought that at least they would have the cop on to stay away from it. This same Sindo who ran with a Sam Smyth story about the Frank Connolly passport issue from info leaked to Sam by then Justice Minister Michael McDowell.

Sindo also gives a weekly col to Willie O Dea who as Minister used garda information (wrongly) to smear a political opponent in Limerick. O Dea also made a false affidavit on the issue, it all eventually led to his resignation from Cabinet.

Yep, Willie resigned, it being a resigning matter. When will Minister Shatter go?
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So taking your first para - Aldershot Anne and her chums have no cop on and behaved as you expected them to behave?
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Yep, Willie resigned, it being a resigning matter. When will Minister Shatter go?
    Willie information was false though, and there was the question of a certain affidavit from him a law man and officer of court ?

Proper question is did McDowell resign over Frank Connolly leak. Did he ****************************** ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    So taking your first para - Aldershot Anne and her chums have no cop on and behaved as you expected them to behave?
    Yes , Aldershot Anne and her team have walked straight into it. I had expected though they had enough cuteness to stay away from it after the McDowell/ O Dea history. Or maybe it is a matter of them having no shame ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Willie information was false though, and there was the question of a certain affidavit from him a law man and officer of court ?

Proper question is did McDowell resign over Frank Connolly leak. Did he ****************************** ?
    No pet, proper question is did Minister Shattter use his office to obtain information on another colleague and use it to attack the colleague on TV. If that's the case, he should resign for his unacceptable behavior.
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WTF is this thread even about?

There's another thread on Shatter's massive abuse of power in which this type of whataboutery is not only allowed but protected by a site staff member. Please merge this thread with the main Shatter thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is about the double standards and lack of shame by the Sindo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niall78 View Post
    WTF is this thread even about?

There's another thread on Shatter's massive abuse of power in which this type of whataboutery is not only allowed but protected by a site staff member. Please merge this thread with the main Shatter thread.
    /MOD/ There is indeed another active thread on this. Closed. /MOD/
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.