Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 219

Thread: Parades, Parades And More Parades The Definitive Parade Thread 2013 ( part one)

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,985
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Parades, Parades And More Parades The Definitive Parade Thread 2013 ( part one)

    In my self appointed role as your nominated PULMPIE (PUL Moderator p.ie) nominee, moi thought it would tidy the forum up if we condensed the one hundred million 'bitch about the 00.01% of orangie cantz parades we see on TV' threads into one... So In preparation of another summer of whingefest I propose we start of with the people whose job it is to regulate the parades the PC Parades Commission...

    As a general rule in NI if both 'sides' complain about an organisation it's probably getting things right...


    The Parades Commission is not transparent, it doesn't really explain its decisions," Dr Hume said.

    "It's a secret court effectively, as far as we are concerned, and if people wish to appeal the decision they should appeal back to the body that made the decision in the first place. As far as we are concerned it is not a very happy situation."

    So how would the order improve the commission? "We would replace it and remove it," said Dr Hume.
    Some nationalists who do engage with the commission share the order's complaints about "inconsistent" decision-making.

    Mr Maskey said residents from his group dislike the restrictions placed on their protest, and perceive a condescending attitude. He said the group was losing confidence in the commission, confirming a recent meeting ended badly.

    "It broke up a bit of acrimony between them and us. It's their attitude really. We thought they were being overbearing, as if they were talking to a lot of children or something. It's as simple as that."
    BBC News - Northern Ireland Parades Commission to continue difficult role

    As Petey the PC chairman (nice bloke) puts it...

    In a statement Peter Osborne has said that there is still time to ensure a peaceful summer, but it would depend on people making the right choices.

    Six weeks away from the main part of the parading season he said "accommodation over sensitive parades is still possible".

    Mr Osborne said if local accommodation cannot be reached the Commission is obliged to make decisions about parades and parade-related protests.
    'Choices to be made' on parades- Osborne - UTV Live News

    Now of approx 2600 PUL parades the PC restricted approx 4%*, (12% of CNR!!) so for the vast majority the PC receives a form stick's up a notice on its web site and does nothing else. Basically the PC spends 1 million a year sitting on judgement on half a dozen parades, but with the lack of alternatives imho they do a decent enough job...




    *For all those who contend that the raison d'etre for parading is to annoy themuns we are doing a piss poor job of it...



    Can I wish a happy and peaceful cultural parading season to all regardless of creed...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Zoo.......

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,985
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    ranty wanting a thread on parade's zoo'd, my my...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    ranty wanting a thread on parade's zoo'd, my my...
    If I was given a penny for every parading thread on Nordie P.ie I could send the Troika home.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Besides, parades are complete sh"t. Tasteless rubbish any sensible person would feel moral outrage over.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,985
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    If I was given a penny for every parading thread on Nordie P.ie I could send the Troika home.
    Well now only need this one...Parades, Parades And More Parades The Definitive Parade Thread 2013 ( part one)
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ulster - Unrepentant Fenian Bastard
    Posts
    13,504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Baloney

    The historical context of the O6C and anti-catholic discrimination and catholic 2nd class citizenship are very much real and the OO in their Penal-law mode want to relive those 'glory days'. This is blatantly clear from the likes of Nelson McCausland, Gregory Campbell and the rest of political unionist orangies with their anti-catholic sectarian intent due to their behaviour and rhetoric.

    How on earth can unionists/OO not see the utter stupidity and sectarianism in forcing through blatant anti-catholic hate-parades through contentious areas/interfaces - areas that have been the victim of anti-catholic discrimination, prejudice and attacks by those who take part in these parades and their hangers on. It beggars all belief and common sense. These supremacist and triumphalist 'parades' cause offence, fear, intimidation and provocation and deliver a clear message of a reminder to when they were second class citizens - at the behest of those taking part in such 'parades'.

    Nationalists are hemmed into their homes, children not allowed out to play in their own streets, under strict police and security procedures and local shops and businesses are forced to close for the day meaning they lose out on trade and income - despite their hate-fests being accommodated elsewhere and when it is accommodated in interface/contentious areas they treat the community like sh1te. Then the pig-ignorance of the OO when they continually refuse to engage in any dialogue with those residents shows how fascist and disgusting they are.

    Re-route your flute

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Well now only need this one...Parades, Parades And More Parades The Definitive Parade Thread 2013 ( part one)
    Who's directing Part Deux?

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    Baloney

    The historical context of the O6C and anti-catholic discrimination and catholic 2nd class citizenship are very much real and the OO in their Penal-law mode want to relive those 'glory days'. This is blatantly clear from the likes of Nelson McCausland, Gregory Campbell and the rest of political unionist orangies with their anti-catholic sectarian intent due to their behaviour and rhetoric.

    How on earth can unionists/OO not see the utter stupidity and sectarianism in forcing through blatant anti-catholic hate-parades through contentious areas/interfaces - areas that have been the victim of anti-catholic discrimination, prejudice and attacks by those who take part in these parades and their hangers on. It beggars all belief and common sense. These supremacist and triumphalist 'parades' cause offence, fear, intimidation and provocation and deliver a clear message of a reminder to when they were second class citizens - at the behest of those taking part in such 'parades'.

    Nationalists are hemmed into their homes, children not allowed out to play in their own streets, under strict police and security procedures and local shops and businesses are forced to close for the day meaning they lose out on trade and income - despite their hate-fests being accommodated elsewhere and when it is accommodated in interface/contentious areas they treat the community like sh1te. Then the pig-ignorance of the OO when they continually refuse to engage in any dialogue with those residents shows how fascist and disgusting they are.

    Re-route your flute
    As long as they keep the singing and dancing to their own areas, and of course enjoy themselves in a sensible manner all the best to them I say. I'll probably be ironing my pants on the Twalth in any case.........

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    44,985
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    Baloney

    The historical context of the O6C and anti-catholic discrimination and catholic 2nd class citizenship are very much real and the OO in their Penal-law mode want to relive those 'glory days'. This is blatantly clear from the likes of Nelson McCausland, Gregory Campbell and the rest of political unionist orangies with their anti-catholic sectarian intent due to their behaviour and rhetoric.

    How on earth can unionists/OO not see the utter stupidity and sectarianism in forcing through blatant anti-catholic hate-parades through contentious areas/interfaces - areas that have been the victim of anti-catholic discrimination, prejudice and attacks by those who take part in these parades and their hangers on. It beggars all belief and common sense. These supremacist and triumphalist 'parades' cause offence, fear, intimidation and provocation and deliver a clear message of a reminder to when they were second class citizens - at the behest of those taking part in such 'parades'.

    Nationalists are hemmed into their homes, children not allowed out to play in their own streets, under strict police and security procedures and local shops and businesses are forced to close for the day meaning they lose out on trade and income - despite their hate-fests being accommodated elsewhere and when it is accommodated in interface/contentious areas they treat the community like sh1te. Then the pig-ignorance of the OO when they continually refuse to engage in any dialogue with those residents shows how fascist and disgusting they are.

    Re-route your flute
    So you disagree with the parades commission then...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •