Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Truth is, Ireland's banks need more capital

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member parentheses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Truth is, Ireland's banks need more capital

    Article I came across. The troika will be insisting on new stress tests for Irish banks in the autumn.

    As the author points out, the factt Irish banks are not lending normally is the clearest sign they are not in good shape and will need more capital

    So assuming the banks need a lot more capital? The govt. at this stage is unable to take on a lot more debt to bail them out. Could the Cypriot precedent be applied to Irish banks?

    The simple truth is that Irish banks need more capital - Financial Services News | Business News | The Irish Times - Mon, May 13, 2013

  2. #2
    MrFunkyZombaloo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
    Article I came across. The troika will be insisting on new stress tests for Irish banks in the autumn.

    As the author points out, the factt Irish banks are not lending normally is the clearest sign they are not in good shape and will need more capital

    So assuming the banks need a lot more capital? The govt. at this stage is unable to take on a lot more debt to bail them out. Could the Cypriot precedent be applied to Irish banks?

    The simple truth is that Irish banks need more capital - Financial Services News | Business News | The Irish Times - Mon, May 13, 2013

    I don't think it's a case of could...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyZombaloo View Post
    Hello €urozone. Template calling.

    Bank deposits over €100,000 may be at risk


    Deposits of over €100,000 are likely to be hit in the event of future European bank collapses, according to a proposal put forward by the Irish presidency of the European Council ahead of a key meeting of finance ministers next week.

    [...]

    some member states have not ruled out the possibility that insured deposits... would be forced to bear losses in the event of a bank collapse...

    However, the explicit exclusion of insured deposits from future “bail-ins” could in fact be included in the final text
    Cyprus may be coming to a bank near you. Confidence and stability?... who knows...?

  3. #3
    MrFunkyZombaloo
    Guest

    Default

    I see Noonan is after a watered-down stress test...

    Given the Government’s position, we can assume it will push hard for a fairly light test that will not give the bond market too much cause for concern.Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has already apparently won one concession, which is that the minimum capital threshold will fall from 10.5 per cent to 9 per cent of loans.
    Now, why would that be?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Funky, are you the new Deefer? petunia

    As for the banks, they can feck off. They've received enough of our money the cu.nts!

  5. #5
    MrFunkyZombaloo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    Funky, are you the new Deefer? petunia
    Not in the least. Is it your mission to mention D4 is almost all of your posts?

  6. #6

    Default

    They raided pensions,put extra tax(levy)on insurance policies.Introduced a tax on homes.They will raid your savings next.Southern Ireland is a very weird,dysfunctional place.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Inda Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Secret Location Working on my Charisma
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
    Article I came across. The troika will be insisting on new stress tests for Irish banks in the autumn.

    As the author points out, the factt Irish banks are not lending normally is the clearest sign they are not in good shape and will need more capital

    So assuming the banks need a lot more capital? The govt. at this stage is unable to take on a lot more debt to bail them out. Could the Cypriot precedent be applied to Irish banks?

    The simple truth is that Irish banks need more capital - Financial Services News | Business News | The Irish Times - Mon, May 13, 2013
    Well the insolvency service kicks in at the end of June so expect a lot of chickens will start to come to roost then. According to Baldy Noonan some months ago the banks were well capitalized?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member commonman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They will call it some other name than bailout to try and fool the people again, there is one thing this government are good at and that is telling the people lies.

  9. #9
    birthday
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonald douglas View Post
    They raided pensions,put extra tax(levy)on insurance policies.Introduced a tax on homes.They will raid your savings next.Southern Ireland is a very weird,dysfunctional place.

    Have you been to N.I.?

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyZombaloo View Post
    Not in the least. Is it your mission to mention D4 is almost all of your posts?
    Yep. Deefer.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •