Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The country is broke but we can afford to give €8 million to cannibals

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Honecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default The country is broke but we can afford to give €8 million to cannibals

    How can this government justify giving €8.1 million to the "rebels" in Syria especially after we have evidence that their leaders like to eat the hearts of dead people. Of course this money is classified as "humanitarian" aid. However this money goes to fund a civil war or finds its way into the pockets of rebel commanders. The next time Gilmore is justifying a cut in Child Benefit he should be asked why he is giving money to gangs of cannibals in Syria.

    Evening Echo — Ireland one of biggest donors since beginning of Syrian conflict

    Heart-eating video raises pressure to end Syrian war - CNN.com

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,829
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It's a justified beef I suppose.

  3. #3
    MrFunkyZombaloo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    How can this government justify giving €8.1 million to the "rebels" in Syria especially after we have evidence that their leaders like to eat the hearts of dead people. Of course this money is classified as "humanitarian" aid. However this money goes to fund a civil war or finds its way into the pockets of rebel commanders. The next time Gilmore is justifying a cut in Child Benefit he should be asked why he is giving money to gangs of cannibals in Syria.

    Evening Echo — Ireland one of biggest donors since beginning of Syrian conflict

    Heart-eating video raises pressure to end Syrian war - CNN.com
    The article says nothing about giving this money to "rebels". On what are you basing that claim?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Bunker...Returning Fire!
    Posts
    29,323
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Talk about seeing 2, adding twenty and getting cheese.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

  5. #5

    Default

    This poster is a pathological liar
    It should be banned from starting threads at the least

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member twokidsmanybruises's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    6,692
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm confused. Is the OP criticising the giving of humanitarian aid that should be redirected to domestic needs, or that, by giving humanitarian aid, we are condoning something that should not, in the opinion of the OP, be condoned?

    Is it an issue of economics or ethics?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Imperial Throne
    Posts
    44,293
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Nothing new in the Irish government subventing cannibals in Asia Minor.

    Irish aid to Africa has already been utilized for such purposes.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Honecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twokidsmanybruises View Post
    I'm confused. Is the OP criticising the giving of humanitarian aid that should be redirected to domestic needs, or that, by giving humanitarian aid, we are condoning something that should not, in the opinion of the OP, be condoned?

    Is it an issue of economics or ethics?
    I have no problem with legitimate humanitarian aid. But I have a big problem with funding Al Qaeda.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member ManOfReason's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    How can this government justify giving €8.1 million to the "rebels" in Syria especially after we have evidence that their leaders like to eat the hearts of dead people. Of course this money is classified as "humanitarian" aid. However this money goes to fund a civil war or finds its way into the pockets of rebel commanders. The next time Gilmore is justifying a cut in Child Benefit he should be asked why he is giving money to gangs of cannibals in Syria.

    Evening Echo — Ireland one of biggest donors since beginning of Syrian conflict

    Heart-eating video raises pressure to end Syrian war - CNN.com
    You really are a piss poor propagandist.
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member twokidsmanybruises's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    6,692
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    I have no problem with legitimate humanitarian aid. But I have a big problem with funding Al Qaeda.
    Then why mention possible future cuts to CB? It's not relevant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •