Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SF accuse Government of blocking former criminals from employment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SF accuse Government of blocking former criminals from employment

Sinn Fein T.D Dessie Ellis has accused the Government of putting up barriers to employment for former "political prisoners". He claims that this is especially the case in some industries. Ellis said that “Fine Gael and Labour have, particularly in relation to Haulage and Taxi industries, sought to make it more difficult for ex-prisoners covered under the Good Friday Agreement to keep work". Dessie Ellis has blasted the government for this. Does Mr Ellis not see any issue with murderers driving Taxis?

I think the Government is correct and anybody who was convicted of Murder, Rape or a serious crime should not be driving a taxi. It seems Mr Ellis does not see any issue here. Can he define what is a "political crime"? Is armed robbery a political offence? SF/IRA carried out some heinous crimes including the killings of Children and Gardai. I for one would not like Garda killers dropping me or my nearest and dearest home in a taxi. The Government are doing the correct thing. The protection of the public must be paramount. Expecting the people to forget that people carried out heinous crimes is a step too far.

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/26696
    Last edited by johnny365; 16th May 2013 at 01:03 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    Sinn Fein T.D Dessie Ellis has accused the Government of putting up barriers to employment for former "political prisoners" He claims that this is especially the case in some industries. Ellis said that “Fine Gael and Labour have, particularly in relation to Haulage and Taxi industries, sought to make it more difficult for ex-prisoners covered under the Good Friday Agreement to keep work". Dessie Ellis has blasted the government for this. Does Mr Ellis not see any issue with former murderers driving Taxis?

I think the Government is correct and anybody who was convicted of Murder, Rape or serious crime should not be driving a taxi. It seems Mr Ellis does not see any issue here. Can he define what is a "political crime",? Is armed robbery a political offence? SF/IRA carried out some heinous crimes including the killings of Children and Gardai. I for one would not like Garda killers dropping me or my dearest home in a taxi. The Government are doing the correct thing. The protection of the public must be paramount. Expecting the people to forget that people carried out heinous crimes is a step too far.

Government actively blocking former political prisoners from employment

Good man Johnny....You never lost it......have you a life outside of your hatred of Sinn Fein!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For a start anybody who refused to recognise the irish republic, shouldn't be allowed to work for the state, so that's all state jobs out.

Then as pointed out, jobs that involve dealing with the public should also be barred to murderers, armed robbers, terrorists etc......

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    For a start anybody who refused to recognise the irish republic, shouldn't be allowed to work for the state, so that's all state jobs out.

Then as pointed out, jobs that involve dealing with the public should also be barred to murderers, armed robbers, terrorists etc......
    The Dail would be very quite if not empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Porkypie View Post
    The Dail would be very quite if not empty.
    Outside of SF who in the Dail does not recognise the state?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did the hunger strikes and GFA not mean anything to establishment morons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So kill a few dozen people and then whine because you can't drive a taxi ?

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    So kill a few dozen people and then whine because you can't drive a taxi ?

cYp
    Resoundingly narrow-minded as ever. Stick with starting threads about various perversions.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Politics.ie Member RepublicOfLuas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread should be interesting. Or predictable. My bets are on the latter.
    Anti-Sinn Féin obsessed pathological hypocrite starts thread to bash Sinn Féin, laden with loaded questions and statements which are rhetorically answered steeped in another form of internet-trollish confirmation bias.

Sit back, relax, and get the popcorn ready. Or, as in most users cases, your palms. They come in handy for planting your face in after reading some of the exchanges here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicOfLuas View Post
    This thread should be interesting. Or predictable. My bets are on the latter.
    Anti-Sinn Féin obsessed pathological hypocrite starts thread to bash Sinn Féin, laden with loaded questions and statements which are rhetorically answered steeped in another form of internet-trollish confirmation bias.

Sit back, relax, and get the popcorn ready. Or, as in most users cases, your palms. They come in handy for planting your face in after reading some of the exchanges here.
    I thought you had me on ignore?

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast