Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How well do you know the world? In pictures you've never seen before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How well do you know the world? In pictures you've never seen before

*This originally and still exists in the ROW forum that doesn't appear to exist on the main page as far as topics are concerned. So I've reposted it here so it can be seen and of course, to point out the irony, oh, the bitter irony...

Competition time peeps.

This thread will of course be consigned to chat ASAP, but actually it shouldn't. Unlike all the politics.ie threads about politics.ie threads about politics.ie posters talking about politics.ie posters, this is genuinely interesting (for me at least), challenging, and fun.

A lot of you may know the site already, but basically on this site here you are challenged to guess the location of the Google 360 image. The website is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world! and after two attempts the best I've done is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world!

My, that's a big link. Well, I'm off to bed know and couldn't be arsed tinyurling it. I would ask for people to play fair and go with gut instinct rather than typing in names and stuff into Google. Have fun while the thread lasts.

Of course, if any enlightened mod is around, I am posting this as an experiment to see if P.ie posters' geography and rationale is better or worse than other countries. I'm then juxtaposing it to the technology section as a way of demonstrating how Google products can have enormous educational potential.....or something

You might also delete the other thread
    Blessed be the threadmakers.

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's fukking impssible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world!

This game got 14928 points in total.
    Last edited by 'orebel; 16th May 2013 at 01:38 AM.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malbekh View Post
    *This originally and still exists in the ROW forum that doesn't appear to exist on the main page as far as topics are concerned. So I've reposted it here so it can be seen and of course, to point out the irony, oh, the bitter irony...

Competition time peeps.

This thread will of course be consigned to chat ASAP, but actually it shouldn't. Unlike all the politics.ie threads about politics.ie threads about politics.ie posters talking about politics.ie posters, this is genuinely interesting (for me at least), challenging, and fun.

A lot of you may know the site already, but basically on this site here you are challenged to guess the location of the Google 360 image. The website is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world! and after two attempts the best I've done is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world!

My, that's a big link. Well, I'm off to bed know and couldn't be arsed tinyurling it. I would ask for people to play fair and go with gut instinct rather than typing in names and stuff into Google. Have fun while the thread lasts.

Of course, if any enlightened mod is around, I am posting this as an experiment to see if P.ie posters' geography and rationale is better or worse than other countries. I'm then juxtaposing it to the technology section as a way of demonstrating how Google products can have enormous educational potential.....or something

You might also delete the other thread
    Game finished!

You got 8580 points in total.

Not bad, if I say so myself.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    I'm impressed. Well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10,626, the Brazilian one got me,everything else within 300.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5629 but some give very little clue at all.

I picked Canada instead of Finland for the empty road based on the trees so not that bad really.
    A car or a sign gave you some chance

The one with the two blokes, a bicycle and a lane......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fides View Post
    5629 but some give very little clue at all.

I picked Canada instead of Finland for the empty road based on the trees so not that bad really.
    A car or a sign gave you some chance

The one with the two blokes, a bicycle and a lane......
    You need to move around using street view to get a better idea of the location.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world!

Game finished!

You got 3237 points in total
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast