Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shatter's legal firm gets Danske Bank award...

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Shatter's legal firm gets Danske Bank award...

Danske Bank Irish Law Awards – Recipients Announced | irish law awards

The swear filter prevents me from expressing my true feelings about such awards!

Suffice to say it sounds like the worst night out ever. I think 99% of practitioners can probably think of the 1% that this stuff might matter to.

As for the wisdom of having a Bank sponsor them, it beggars belief.

Either way, I see Alan Shatter's company took the award for best Family Law Practice. I guess the media headlines about suing clients to recoup enormous fees didn't adversely affect the voting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Don't worry NGD, I don't think you'll ever be invited to an awards ceremony. What exactly is the problem here? "Successful company sponsors event where successful Irish firms are awarded for being successful in their field"? I'M OUTRAGED!!!!
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That Press Release contains one howler!

"Among the recipients was 73-year-old Rory O’Donnell whose impressive legal career spans more than half a decade . The highly respected lawyer, who in 1967 founded Eversheds, Ireland’s only full-service international law firm[B1] , was awarded the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award."

In passing, I wonder how much Murriam got for flashing her mams at that function.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post
    Either way, I see Alan Shatter's company took the award for best Family Law Practice. I guess the media headlines about suing clients to recoup enormous fees didn't adversely affect the voting.
    Are you in the legal business? If you are then you would know that this is hardly a massive shock. Gallagher Shatter is certainly (on anyone's list) one of the top 2/3 firms dealing with family law. So it's not that much of a scandal or a shocl that they would win such an award.

Alan Shatter still owns it, but hasn't practised there since he was re-elected to the Dail in 2007.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    That Press Release contains one howler!

"Among the recipients was 73-year-old Rory O’Donnell whose impressive legal career spans more than half a decade . The highly respected lawyer, who in 1967 founded Eversheds, Ireland’s only full-service international law firm[B1] , was awarded the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award."
    LOLS!

In passing, I wonder how much Murriam got for flashing her mams at that function.
    She surely has massive insurance taken out on her tits at this stage? Without them, she'd have to rely on her brains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Don't worry NGD, I don't think you'll ever be invited to an awards ceremony.
    Now that's a little bit silly. Think about it. How would you possibly know what awards I have?

Think there are rules rules about trolling, you should know them, I think you're a mod or something here, and sometimes you even get it right.

If anyone doesn't know how such awards are viewed by many Solicitors, then they know little about law. It's not that rural practitioners are in the least bit jealous, or inferior, I think they would just rather not face the derision of their colleagues by putting themselves forward.

And you cannot join the dots with why a Bank sponsoring law awards might cause amusement? Seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post
    Danske Bank Irish Law Awards – Recipients Announced | irish law awards

The swear filter prevents me from expressing my true feelings about such awards!

Suffice to say it sounds like the worst night out ever. I think 99% of practitioners can probably think of the 1% that this stuff might matter to.

As for the wisdom of having a Bank sponsor them, it beggars belief.

Icould easily name 50 people more deserving of recognition in the family law area

Catherine bloody ghent urgghhh. GS have started lurking round dolphin house doing GAL representation and it makes cases tougher and longer when they are involved which benefits noone exvept their hourlys
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post

I could easily name 50 people more deserving of recognition in the family law area
    But did you nominate any of them for the award? (I should have won the Nobel Prize for literature last year, but no one nominated me.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But did you nominate any of them for the award?
    At the risk of Sync saying we're all jealous and none of us would get awards, there was a running joke in the profession last year around this part of the country with Solicitors threatening to nominate each other if they didn't get a favourable response on such and such a matter or other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But did you nominate any of them for the award? (I should have won the Nobel Prize for literature last year, but no one nominated me.)
    No I didnt because I didnt get nomination forms. In fact, I dont believe anyone in my organisation did
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast