Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: European (dis)Union: The New Sick Man of Europe

Default Greeks Consider Themselves To Be The Most Trustworthy, Least Arrogant And Most Compassionate Europeans

A new Pew Research Center study shows a strong and unscathed self-confidence among people in Greece. The Greek consider themselves as the most trustworthy, least arrogant and most compassionate Europeans. They of course consider the Germans the least trustworthy, most arrogant and least compassionate Europeans.

Overall the support for the European economic integration is now down over last year in five of the eight European Union countries surveyed by the Pew Research Center in 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Surely this should be in Political Humour?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    A new Pew Research Center study shows a strong and unscathed self-confidence among people in Greece. The Greek consider themselves as the most trustworthy, least arrogant and most compassionate Europeans. They of course consider the Germans the least trustworthy, most arrogant and least compassionate Europeans.

Overall the support for the European economic integration is now down over last year in five of the eight European Union countries surveyed by the Pew Research Center in 2013.
    You got to love the way the Italians consider the Italians to be the least trustworthy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair play to the Italians for their honesty.

Those poor Greeks. You have to believe me, and I really hate to say this, but they're wrong.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting how the other bits to the survey were left out. Like the name of the survey.

The New Sick Man of Europe: the European Union | Pew Global Attitudes Project
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Politics.ie Member Picasso Republic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing surprising in that report.

Sure don't the Irish consider themselves 'the friendliest' people in the universe, 'the most craic' anywhere in the galaxy and nobody else even comes close.

Everything you see in the Greek response (inability to see the bigger picture) could be applied to the Irish.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Greeks doubtless believe they are the most modest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see the Brits are being their usual humble self.

As for the Greeks, I think I'm a great singer
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Since Pew is a Washington DC based think tank it would have been interesting to see how Americans consider these eight European Union countries.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast