Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Safefood.eu , who is retarded, them or us?

Dylan2010

Default Safefood.eu , who is retarded, them or us?

Over the past few weeks there have been a series of very patronising adverts, one was about not eating out of date food from your fridge, wow that was new to me thanks, how much did that advert cost? this morning I was treated to the priceless bit of information of not to go shopping when hungry and try not to bring the kids because of something called pester power whatever that is.

if other quangos start getting involved will we be treated to adverts on why you should tie your shoelaces or not using a hair dryer in the bath?

ive no doubt there is any number of barely functioning adults out there but there has to be better ways of reaching these simpletons if they must instead of wasting taxpayers moeny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There...em...aimed at Fine Fail supporters and voters. Simpletons all who backslap the likes of Cowen and Aherne as been great men who ran the country. These are the types who eat mouldy yoghurt and stale bread with the 'tae' as the counts are been tallied.

Personally I'd let then get ill an enjoy the hospital fare for a while.

Politics.ie Debater
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    There...em...aimed at Fine Fail supporters and voters. Simpletons all who backslap the likes of Cowen and Aherne as been great men who ran the country. These are the types who eat mouldy yoghurt and stale bread with the 'tae' as the counts are been tallied.

Personally I'd let then get ill an enjoy the hospital fare for a while.
    P.ie in a nutshell.

simeongrimes

The idea that government would manage us comes from the notion that they are responsible for our health care. It makes us like their children. The vast majority of people are wedded to the idea that government should pay for the grown up stuff so we can keep out money for treats. If we act like children we will be treated like children.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure some connected insider has made a small fortune off these adverts. I suspect that is the main point of this information "campaign". I'm waiting breathlessly for the one that details how to wipe an arse properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeongrimes View Post
    The idea that government would manage us comes from the notion that they are responsible for our health care. It makes us like their children. The vast majority of people are wedded to the idea that government should pay for the grown up stuff so we can keep out money for treats. If we act like children we will be treated like children.
    Well if people think they have a god given right to health care at the taxpayers expense the government needs to reduce the chances of them damaging their health. Personally like you I think people need to behave like adults. I'd like to see obese people and smokers pay more for their health care. It would soon soften their cough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niall78 View Post
    I'm sure some connected insider has made a small fortune off these adverts. I suspect that is the main point of this information "campaign". I'm waiting breathlessly for the one that details how to wipe an arse properly.
    Been done................Embarrassing Bodies - The wrong and right way to wipe your bum! - YouTube

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

We have a developing obesity problem in the country and still have a large % of people who think it's a great idea to inhale cancerous toxins as recreation. I get to pay for these morons when they hearts/lungs stop working. I'm willing to be the majority of food poisoing cases in Ireland come about from people eating expired food.

So I've no problem with advertising aimed at explicitly telling them basic things.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Debater
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just for some context, this is not new.

Public services announcements have been around since I was a child. They're typically free to broadcast.

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My primary degree is in Hotel Management from Cathal Brugha street. They ran a course back then, and I'm sure still do called "Home Management".. It was designed to teach the benefits of running a house, and a household budget effectively. Everything from knitting (making your own) to weekly shopping was covered.
    Looking at the state of our country now, and the level of personal indebtedness I would say it's an awful pity that this course wasn't more widely available.. Imagine where we would be if people actually lived within their budget!
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast