Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Labour hit the panic button big time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Limerick Labour hit the panic button big time

It looks like Limerick Labour are hitting the panic button as they continue to disintegrate.

Last week, according to the Limerick Leader...

Limerick Labour stalwart criticises party

"ONE of the most influential figures in the Labour Party locally has criticised its record in government – and says the pay of senior party figures is “scandalous” in this economic climate."

In the article "Former Labour chairman, election director and PRO Joe Kemmy has said he is disappointed the party has not done more to reduce the pay of senior ministers." and he doesn't hold out hope for any salvation for Limerick when he says "Labour has lost much of its core support since coming to government – and Mr Kemmy admits he is not sure the “slide” in support can be halted, saying its decisions in government will “haunt” the party for a long time."

Few will argue with his analysis but I had to laugh when I heard the latest bright idea from Limerick Labour Cllr & Jan O'Sullivan side kick Joe Leddin. Apparently he ( I don't know if he is alone or if there are others as well) wants to discuss banning "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade. .....Way to go Labour...no protests = no problems?

You can hear him talking about this here.Limerick's Live95FM | Article

PIE.IE readers will recall the considerable embarrassment caused to Limerick Labour last March when their leader in the council chamber and current mayor Limerick,Gerry McLoughlin left the podium to pose with anti government protestors....http://www.politics.ie/forum/limeric...overnment.htmll

LOL. Is this why Limerick Labour want to ban "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade
    Last edited by williewatch; 13th May 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He'll get stabbed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerubbabel View Post
    He'll get stabbed
    Hey, it goes with the city....
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He will get told to cut it out by the bosses....
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post

Few will argue with his analysis but I had to laugh when I heard the latest bright idea from Limerick Labour Cllr & Jan O'Sullivan side kick Brian Leddin. Apparently he ( I don't know if he is alone or if there are others as well) wants to discuss banning "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade. .....Way to go Labour...no protests = no problems?

Your pronouncements on the vagaries of politics in Limerick might carry more weight it you actually knew the names of the protagonists involved, Cllr Joe Leddin is Jan O'Sullivan's parliamentary assistant.
    "You want fame? Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying........"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limerick Lad View Post
    Your pronouncements on the vagaries of politics in Limerick might carry more weight it you actually knew the names of the protagonists involved, Cllr Joe Leddin is Jan O'Sullivan's parliamentary assistant.
    Thank you for that. I have now corrected the typo.

perhaps I should have titled article "Jan O'Sullivan's parliamentary assistant considers restrictions on opportunistic political protest"
    Last edited by williewatch; 13th May 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd say they'll cut it out for him

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Come on WW. "Old man writes an article. Does nothing" counts as pushing the panic button.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Come on WW. "Old man writes an article. Does nothing" counts as pushing the panic button.
    Oh, you seriously underestimate the importance of Joe Kemmy in all things connected with Limerick Labour.

But the talk of banning "opportunistic"political protests...LOL that's from their up an coming cadre.

Oh, ok...the op title is a bit over the top but I've no way of changing it
    Last edited by williewatch; 13th May 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    It looks like Limerick Labour are hitting the panic button as they continue to disintegrate.

Last week, according to the Limerick Leader...

Limerick Labour stalwart criticises party

Few will argue with his analysis but I had to laugh when I heard the latest bright idea from Limerick Labour Cllr & Jan O'Sullivan side kick Joe Leddin. Apparently he ( I don't know if he is alone or if there are others as well) wants to discuss banning "opportunistic" Political protest from next year's Limerick St Patricks day parade. .....Way to go Labour...no protests = no problems?

[/I]

Unsurprising.

Since the stickies took over Labour have adopted Stalinist tactics towards those opposed to their agenda,which now represents 4% of the electorate and falling (basically that 4% is split between bloated bureaucrats who represent 2% and latte liberals who represent the other 2%)

Labour insisted on retaining control of RTE in government and RTE's help in getting their man elected to the Aras shows Labour know they are a minority party that needs to mislead the public to get and obtain power.

The problem is it's becoming all too transparent.

When Frank Ross went too far bullying Nessa Childers she upped and walked - good for her.

Hopefully old Labour in Limerick will stand up to this stickie attempt to stifle protest

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast