Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Tax Bills Hike...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Property Tax Bills Hike...

According to the Irish Daily Mail, property tax bills may rise by 15% next year.

Front Page online
    COUNCILS will be allowed hike the property tax by up to 15 per cent after September next year, it emerged yesterday.
    Revenue Commissioners chief Josephine Feehily said that while the value of our h mes for tax purposes will n hange before 2016, bills may still rise as the percentage rate at which the LPI' is levied can be increased.
    Ms Feehily said this possibility had been 'well flagged', but Opposition spokesmensaid homeowners had been 'given the clear impression' that the LPT would be fixed until2016.
    And the Revenue Commissioners' letter sent out to householders seems to back this up. It states: 'The amount of LPT you have to pay depends on the market value of your property, on May 1.
    It seems that we were given assurances that the valuation of the property was to stand until 2016 but now there are claims that the councils may increase the tax for the year 2015 and onwards.

What is this place coming to? Tax your way out a recession appears to be the only way these politicians can think!

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They can also reduce the bill by 15%.. which is what every Independent candidate will be running on doing in next years locals
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The market value of your property on the 1 May 2013 will form the basis of the calculation of the tax for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.”
    Yeah you can pretty much see why people are ticked.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    They can also reduce the bill by 15%.. which is what every Independent candidate will be running on doing in next years locals
    With the kindest of respect, but do you believe that this will happen? We are not all in the B&Q league...

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent news. We will all be able to give 15% more to help

bail out bondholders who lobby the EU
    buy school sites in the middle of nowhere for half a million
    pay for more quangos
    pay for pensions for the useless clowens in the last government
    pay for more propaganda from Pravda (don't ask about the Lowry tape)
    prop up newspapers that lied to us in the boom
    prop up banks that lied to us in the boom
    prop up NAMA which is controlling the real estate market
    prop up institutional state coverups
    provide jobs for FG/LP canvassers, and deputies relatives.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    With the kindest of respect, but do you believe that this will happen? We are not all in the B&Q league...
    Oh I dunno. I think it's a runner for SF/SWP/Inds to say "You're paying 200 this year, FG/LAb want to make it 230, I'll make it 170" and make inroads in the council elections.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

longshortgrass

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    So you are campaigning on reducing council services in Tipp....petunia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Oh I dunno. I think it's a runner for SF/SWP/Inds to say "You're paying 200 this year, FG/LAb want to make it 230, I'll make it 170" and make inroads in the council elections.

I'd deffo be voting for that. Now, about this pothole down the road.....................

Mattie McGaths crowd have already promised a shovel of tar, can ye lads get cement??????????
    Сохранить Украины

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    According to the Irish Daily Mail, property tax bills may rise by 15% next year.

Front Page online

It seems that we were given assurances that the valuation of the property was to stand until 2016 but now there are claims that the councils may increase the tax for the year 2015 and onwards.

What is this place coming to? Tax your way out a recession appears to be the only way these politicians can think!
    The market value will stand as given in the guidelines until 2016, its the percentage levied on that value that will/might change depending on Local Authority next year.

And the 15% isn't based on the value of the house, its 15% of the tax rate (0.25% of value i.e +/- 0.0375%) charged. That translates to +/- €37.50 per 100,000.

The Indo highlighted this last month but to many it does come as a surprise as they took it as meaning the amount they will pay will remain static until year end 2016.
    Last edited by Kevin Doyle; 10th May 2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Voters don't decide issues, they decide who will decide issues.

George Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post

I doubt it! What we need is a proper opposition and the raggle-taggles, as they were once called in the chamber, will have little say in the matter!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast