Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FG TDs get advice on dealing with Twitter criticism.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG TDs get advice on dealing with Twitter criticism.

According to this link from the Irish Times FG TDs and Senators have been getting advice on how to deal with criticism on Twitter. They have been advised to take criticism on the chin (like Obama, it says?).

FG Twitter users told to 'take criticism on the chin' in social media protocol - Political News | Irish & International Politics | The Irish Times - Fri, May 10, 2013

It seems strange to have to advise the people who are running the country on how to deal sensibly with criticism. Naturally, the FG in-house guide couldn't help itself setting a good example for its trainee Twitter users by having a go at FF supporters' comments which they describe as 'impersonal' and 'not only uninspiring but incredibly boring'.

I know FG are inexperienced at leading and that would explain their naivety in dealing with criticism. Maybe some FG posters on P.ie should learn how to deal better with criticism. A good place to start would be by accepting that FG are not always, every single time, on every single issue, right.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Politics.ie Member friendlyfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope your life is as good as it is on Facebook!!!

When the next election comes round and the politicians are on the canvass,we will just have to be more two faced then ever and....if they can blatantly lie then I will promise every damm one my number one vote!
    Stupidity is far more fascinating than intelligence, after all intelligence has it's limits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe Fine Gaels Tommy Morris should have taken that Social media protocol course,instead of taking newspapers.
    "You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev408 View Post
    According to this link from the Irish Times FG TDs and Senators have been getting advice on how to deal with criticism on Twitter. They have been advised to take criticism on the chin (like Obama, it says?).

FG Twitter users told to 'take criticism on the chin' in social media protocol - Political News | Irish & International Politics | The Irish Times - Fri, May 10, 2013

It seems strange to have to advise the people who are running the country on how to deal sensibly with criticism. Naturally, the FG in-house guide couldn't help itself setting a good example for its trainee Twitter users by having a go at FF supporters' comments which they describe as 'impersonal' and 'not only uninspiring but incredibly boring'.

I know FG are inexperienced at leading and that would explain their naivety in dealing with criticism. Maybe some FG posters on P.ie should learn how to deal better with criticism. A good place to start would be by accepting that FG are not always, every single time, on every single issue, right.
    Or the hbap method ie go fnck yourself .
    Einstein, disguised as Robin Hood,With his memories in a trunk
    Passed this way an hour ago,With his friend, a jealous monk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the fg advice breaking into every house in the country and taking the computers ?
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Quote Originally Posted by friendlyfire View Post
    I hope your life is as good as it is on Facebook!!!
    One quango for advising them about criticism on Twitter and another for advising them on criticism on Facebook and another one to make a report into whether the quango for advising them on criticism on Myspace, should be wound down over the next 15 years.

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They must not be paying attention to that -there was an FG Dublin City Cllr. on the RTE Radio 1 news at approx. 8.50 -the topic was the disbursement of the Household Tax-who stated ,quit originally I thought, Fianna Fáil bankrupted the country-now that's what I call taking it on the chin!!
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama's twitter account ignores all replies, not just criticism. It would be impossible to do otherwise, as his interactions would be constantly updating at lightning speed.

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
    Or the hbap method ie go fnck yourself .
    Sometimes allied to; sure you've got to have hope and aren't things getting better. I wouldn't be surprised if hbap was that FG TD that was on #vinb last night. He was very hopeful that things would improve .
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as they're not blowing fortunes of OUR money bringing in all sorts of arsehole 'experts' to teach them how to deal with a bit of online abuse - then I'd prefer this approach to the 'let's close down and/or control the internet' bullsh!t many of them have been banging on about in recent years...

Education is the key to all of this...

It should also be happening in our schools with pupils being taught that posting online is the equivalent of publishing in a global newspaper and that they may well have to accept real world consequences for what they do and say online...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast