Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Reports UK cosmologist Prof Stephen Hawking joins academic Boycott of Apartheid Israel.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default BBC Reports UK cosmologist Prof Stephen Hawking joins academic Boycott of Apartheid Israel.

Now that an Academic of Hawking status has joined the Boycott ,is the BDS campaign unstoppable ? I mean the cant very well accuse Hawkins of being Anti Semitic ?that would be a step to far, even for them.The sporting and cultural boycott of the old Apartheid South Africa had a positive effect in ending that regimes racist rule of the countries majority ,hopefully this gesture will go some way towards ending the Palestinian nightmare.

BBC News - Prof Stephen Hawking 'boycotts' major Israel conference

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely fantastic news, to have a man of the standing and intellectual calibre of Stephen Hawking supporting this boycott can only be good for the BDS campaign.

Thanks for posting this and making my day!

Politics.ie Member Little_Korean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Now that an Academic of Hawking status has joined the Boycott ,is the BDS campaign unstoppable ? I mean the cant very well accuse Hawkins of being Anti Semitic ?that would be a step to far, even for them.The sporting and cultural boycott of the old Apartheid South Africa had a positive effect in ending that regimes racist rule of the countries majority ,hopefully this gesture will go some way towards ending the Palestinian nightmare.

BBC News - Prof Stephen Hawking 'boycotts' major Israel conference
    Has he issued a statement in regards to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair play to him,Hawking's decision marks another victory in the campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions targeting Israeli academic institutions.
    Have they started mocking his medical condition yet?
    "You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Politics.ie Member Little_Korean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Credit to the man's achievements but he must be a fool to think not turning up for events is going to impact Israel or the Middle East in any way.

Any chance he has withdrawn because he is taking up the role of Manchester United's manager?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james toney View Post
    Fair play to him,Hawking's decision marks another victory in the campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions targeting Israeli academic institutions.

I suppose you people need to take your little "victories" wherever you can get them. Speaking of "targeting"......anything to say about the deliberate targeting of Israeli civilians by rocket fire from Gaza.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Korean View Post
    Credit to the man's achievements but he must be a fool to think not turning up for events is going to impact Israel or the Middle East in any way.
    Got as far as the fool part.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh dear.

There go my two Hawking books onto Abebooks.co.uk, with the proceeds to be given to Holocaust Education Trust Ireland.

(I had initially thought of the bin, but that would be a bit of a waste I think)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I find the Hartle-Hawking proposal unsatisfactory, there I said it.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast