Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2013 Apprentice UK thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default The 2013 Apprentice UK thread

It's back, the show that makes us question Roubini's assertion that capitalism isn't the worst system. Another bunch of semi-literate megalomaniacs to irritate the bejesus out of us for the next 2 months. I can't wait.

Yes it's a bit repetitive, yes Sralan could have been moved to pasture a couple of seasons ago, but it's golden reality TV where you see awful awful people throw each other under the bus in a scramble to find the least incompetent.

It starts tonight on BBC1 at 9 and the contestants can be seen here: BBC One - The Apprentice

Highlights of their bios include one girl saying as a drawback that she's TOO ambitious, one bloke saying "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are foot prints on the moon" and another saying "I just feel my effortless superiority will take me all the way."

I'm guessing Jason will be an early leaver, he has that pasty skinned look that Sralan hates and I'll stick my neck out for Myles to win it. Key question for tonight is if Jordan is in fact a dwarf in which case I shalln't make fun of him or if he's just very very short in which case I probably will.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    It's back, the show that makes us question Roubini's assertion that capitalism isn't the worst system. Another bunch of semi-literate megalomaniacs to irritate the bejesus out of us for the next 2 months. I can't wait.

Yes it's a bit repetitive, yes Sralan could have been moved to pasture a couple of seasons ago, but it's golden reality TV where you see awful awful people throw each other under the bus in a scramble to find the least incompetent.

It starts tonight on BBC1 at 9 and the contestants can be seen here: BBC One - The Apprentice

Highlights of their bios include one girl saying as a drawback that she's TOO ambitious, one bloke saying "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are foot prints on the moon" and another saying "I just feel my effortless superiority will take me all the way."

I'm guessing Jason will be an early leaver, he has that pasty skinned look that Sralan hates and I'll stick my neck out for Myles to win it. Key question for tonight is if Jordan is in fact a dwarf in which case I shalln't make fun of him or if he's just very very short in which case I probably will.
    That deserves an award.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post

I have visions of ruthless wannabe Irish politicians and semi-literate megalomaniacs throwing each other under a bus (literally) in order to be the next hot young incompetent in the Fianna Fáil party, although such a thing would only give that gang of crooks far more publicity than they deserve.

YOU'RE FFIRED!

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this sort of like a UK version of JobBridge?
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Quote Originally Posted by sauntersplash View Post
    Oireachtas report.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sauntersplash View Post
    Kind of, except with sillier accents and the JobBridge applicants as a rule don't believe their blood can cure cancer.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to give this series 150% of my attention.

By the way, why isn't this thread in sport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless they start putting them in pits to fight to the death with slash hooks dipped in sewage I doubt I will watch it.....

Any odds on Sugar having a coronary live on air. There's one man I would gladly renounce pacifism for in order to break his jaw.....
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has Sugar gone bankrupt yet like our own Cullen?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast