Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: off the ball back as second captains on lrish times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default off the ball back as second captains on lrish times

Former Off the Ball team returns to the airwaves on irishtimes.com - Sports News | Latest Sports Results & Fixtures | The Irish Times - Tue, May 07, 2013
    they are back on the irish times to do streaming and podcasts -good news for those who liked the old off the ball on newstalk-and one in the eye for DOB

"The multi-award winning team of Eoin McDevitt, Ken Early, Ciaran Murphy, Simon Hick and Mark Horgan – who parted company with Newstalk two months ago having presented the Off the Ball show for a number of years – return to broadcasting as Second Captains @ The Irish Times"
    Pity the nation divided into into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation - Khalil Gibran

All rather niche, though, isn't it - granted online media is the future, but it still can't match the ratings of radio?
    My political compass:
    Economic Left/Right: -5.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FloatingVoterTralee View Post
    All rather niche, though, isn't it - granted online media is the future, but it still can't match the ratings of radio?
    maybe but would expect that podcast will rapidly top downloads charts
    Pity the nation divided into into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation - Khalil Gibran

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pane et circensus....
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not what they were hoping for I would imagine. Can't see their earning potential from a weekly podcast being as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    pane et circensus....
    non, vin et roses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats a shame...i won't be tuning in... the banter and instant reaction will be gone with the podcasts.
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not sure how it's one in the eye for Newstalk, it does in fact seem to bear out their position that the lads weren't going to get a better slot anywhere else. Football Weekly, Football Ramble and Sunday Supplement are all pretty great so we'll see how this compares.

Also: The Times are godawful at promoting their podcasts. I've looked for 2 minutes and can't find a page of their podcasts. The general promotion needs to be much stronger (Similar to the Guardian's) http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/podcasting

Do I blame DC for this? I think I shall. Also: Does this mean the boys will now report to DC???
    Last edited by Sync; 7th May 2013 at 01:38 PM.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Not sure how it's one in the eye for Newstalk, it does in fact seem to bear out their position that the lads weren't going to get a better slot anywhere else. Football Weekly, Football Ramble and Sunday Supplement are all pretty great so we'll see how this compares.

Also: The Times are godawful at promoting their podcasts. I've looked for 2 minutes and can't find a page of their podcasts. The general promotion needs to be much stronger (Similar to the Guardian's) Podcasting | Media | The Guardian

Do I blame DC for this? I think I shall. Also: Does this mean the boys will now report to DC???
    I can't imagine that the podcast will be as popular as the Newstalk show was however I wish them well

The show has deteriorated since the team left, imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a bit of a damp squib.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast