Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Agency withdraws casting call for CBC show that specified Ďany race except Caucasianí

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Agency withdraws casting call for CBC show that specified Ďany race except Caucasianí

Oh dear.

A casting call to hire a new CBC host that specifically said white people need not apply has been withdrawn, with the casting agent offering apologies for the mistake.

The original ad for the host of a childrenís show, posted on the casting agencyís website under a CBC logo and on Craigslist, said: ďPlease only submit [an audition tape] if you match the following criteria: Male between the ages of 23-35 years; Any race except Caucasian.Ē...

ďWe were asked to seek a cast of diversity. We mistakenly took that to mean that the production was not seeking Caucasian actors. This was a mistake that was made entirely by the casting company.
    Agency withdraws casting call for CBC show that specified ‘any race except Caucasian’ | Canada | News | National Post

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They made a mistake, acknowledged it and apologised. This is a truly shyte thread yet it's still better than the peurile one about 'saying something about the previous poster' thread. It's also better than the 'rapist-condom' fiasco. I genuinely don't know if I'm still here out of habit or because I'm getting a kick out of watching the demise of the site. Jaysus, I think I'm a rubber-necker!
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I don't understand the point you're trying to make - and I'm being pretty generous in crediting you with having a point, on the strength of that OP.

Is this a thread about Canadian casting companies maybe?
    I am in line for a smiting probably sooner than I expect. Apparently.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Shows where Canada's multiculturalism gets you.
    Fair and Balanced

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I read the article and you really have to love how they are still sticking on the racial diversity of Canada. FFS Canada is 80% white and they were the ones being excluded.

Let's check back here soon when we find out who actually gets hired.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Shows where Canada's multiculturalism gets you.
    True dah. Canada's multi-culturalism prior to this earth-shattering event was held up as a beacon of integration and humans getting along with humans. Now, because of this extraordinarily relevant story, Canada's multi-cultural success is ruined forever. No more of those pesky Canadian companies offering excellent jobs with superb perks to every available worker worldwide. And all because a casting company made a booboo. Good, insightful post there, Dame Enda.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautyfully View Post
    It's an insight into what 'multiculturalism' is really all about in the end, serving the needs and interests of "every race but Caucasian".

Sun TV has some good coverage of the mask slip moment, and the CBC is well known for its liberal antics in the past:

sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2341723478001
    Apparently, sock-puppets are treated badly too so if I was you I'd keep my head down.

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Toronto is already a minority White city thanks to "multiculturalism" coupled with massive immigration from the third world."
    Simply untrue. Try again.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Toronto is already a minority White city thanks to "multiculturalism" coupled with massive immigration from the third world.

Not exactly everyone's definition of "success".
    Hmmm. And I thought it was originally a native's settlement. Oh well, socksters are always better informed than anthropology, sociology, history, geography, evolution and most especially, the poster they originally were before said poster was made shyt of too many times to retain a shred of credibility.

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Canada's major cities are not anything near "80% White".

Toronto has already crossed the line, and Vancouver is not far behind:

vancouversun.com/technology/Whites+become+minority+Metro+Vancouver+2031/8175821/story.html#ixzz2SBknuPof
    Toronto is majority white. You've obviously never set foot in it or you'd know that.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast