Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Deputy derek keating gets schooled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb Deputy derek keating gets schooled

Principal blasts Keating leaflet - Dublin Gazette Newspapers - Dublin News, Sport and Lifestyle

Welcome to Derek Keating.net

deputy keating recently sent around a flier, as most politicians do, trumpeting the things they have achieved for the parish pump. in this flier, he stated that he had contributed to getting the local educate together an expansion.

thankfully for the greater populace, the school principal is a man of principles and wrote an open letter in which he lambasted deputy keating: “You never once contacted our school, Griffeen Valley, in relation to our forthcoming school extension,” says O’Dulaing’s letter.
    “Neither did anybody from our board of management or staff contact you or seek your assistance in relation to the extension. You had absolutely nothing to do with this development, and yet you distribute a leaflet in the Lucan area claiming to have ‘initiated, led and delivered’ this extension.
    “This is nothing but gross cynical opportunism on your behalf, which I find objectionable and depressing.”

and delivering a lovely coupe de grace with this line “I recall, Derek, that you shook your head in shame when parents outlined to you the manner in which the devastating cuts you had voted for were having on the lives of their children. Neither the school, nor those parents, heard from you after that meeting.Can I respectfully remind you that you have voted for every single cutback that you and your colleagues in Fine Gael and Labour have put through [the Dail]?

hopefully more people of Mr O'Dualaing's calibre are out there to call these chancers to account when they claim credit for something they have had no hand or part in an indeed have voted against in the dail
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    Principal blasts Keating leaflet - Dublin Gazette Newspapers - Dublin News, Sport and Lifestyle

deputy keating recently sent around a flier, as most politicians do, trumpeting the things they have achieved for the parish pump. in this flier, he stated that he had contributed to getting the local educate together an expansion.

thankfully for the greater populace, the school principal is a man of principles and wrote an open letter in which he lambasted deputy keating: “You never once contacted our school, Griffeen Valley, in relation to our forthcoming school extension,” says O’Dulaing’s letter.
    “Neither did anybody from our board of management or staff contact you or seek your assistance in relation to the extension. You had absolutely nothing to do with this development, and yet you distribute a leaflet in the Lucan area claiming to have ‘initiated, led and delivered’ this extension.
    “This is nothing but gross cynical opportunism on your behalf, which I find objectionable and depressing.”

and delivering a lovely coupe de grace with this line “I recall, Derek, that you shook your head in shame when parents outlined to you the manner in which the devastating cuts you had voted for were having on the lives of their children. Neither the school, nor those parents, heard from you after that meeting.Can I respectfully remind you that you have voted for every single cutback that you and your colleagues in Fine Gael and Labour have put through [the Dail]?

hopefully more people of Mr O'Dualaing's calibre are out there to call these chancers to account when they claim credit for something they have had no hand or part in an indeed have voted against in the dail
    Well said that school principal. It needed to be said and he said it. More need to step up to the mark to expose these bullsh!tters.

Here's a famous case of a putdown for someone claiming credit where credit wasn't due:

Letter to Chesterfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.
    Those who can't do either, are Sindo columnists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Similar to Brian Hayes recent leaflet which proclaims that there is a 70% drop in trolleys in Tallaght hospital....

Bad move Brian...should have specified there no longer in the A+E...but up on the wards...as the INMO new trolley on wards and in the A+E have shown.Trolley counts higher than ever in Tallaght Hospital....
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Similar to Brian Hayes recent leaflet which proclaims that there is a 70% drop in trolleys in Tallaght hospital....

Bad move Brian...should have specified there no longer in the A+E...but up on the wards...as the INMO new trolley on wards and in the A+E have shown.Trolley counts higher than ever in Tallaght Hospital....
    Is anyone from the Hospital draughting an open letter about it ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope....
    Quote Originally Posted by emulator View Post
    is anyone from the hospital draughting an open letter about it ?
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trolley/Ward Watch

31 on trolleys tonight....just like the bad/good days.....?????

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Typical FG; but Lab do the same. A man I know had the wall of his DCC house knocked down by joyriders; he approached cllrs of all parties but none of them did anything except Cllr Ellis of SF, who got DCC to fix it within 10 days. On the day the builders were onsite, Cllr Lyons of LP put a leaflet around the area claiming to have got the wall repaired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Trolley/Ward Watch

31 on trolleys tonight....just like the bad/good days.....?????
    maybe we could start a log thread for credit claimed by politicians in their newsletters which is patently false and send it monthly to the times ?
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hope anybody who reads your OP takes the time to read the link in full, as it is even more of a pasting than the excerpt you quote here.
    Give that principal a medal. I hope he starts a trend.
    I recall a very similar piece of grandstanding from senator O'Domhnaill in this locale, where he had a leaflet claiming credit for everything from the invention of the wheel to cloud computing. Listed all the government's expenditure for the area, as if the little twat was taking it out of his back pocket.
    In the same vein, managed to insinuate himself into the press photographs of a parents protest re: the conditions at Gortahork school, whereon at the very same moment his party's Minister, one Noel Dempsey if I recall, was threatening the self same parents that they would not receive assistance in the coming years if they continued their agitation. Parents should have tossed his sorry little hole into the e-coli infested waters behind the school rather than give him the time of day.
    Anyway, name and shame them. Keep them coming, and we might be spared this nauseating and hypocritical self pleasuring.

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast