Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4th grade Science Quiz - Dinosaurs & Genesis

Dylan2010

Default 4th grade Science Quiz - Dinosaurs & Genesis

I got a laugh out of this, from a Christian school in South Carolina. Apparently it has a good reputation for reading and stuff but Science doesnt seem to be their strong point

then again when I was in 4th class we had priests teaching a lot of nonsense and it didnt do any harm

snopes.com: 4th Grade Science Quiz

from the Dad

I have since taught my daughter differently, but I am sure she is confused now and plan to make sure she understands that teachers are people too and can be factually wrong.

Ö

Itís a great school for Reading, Writing and Math. She is ahead of most of her peers and also is taking Latin there. But I now know to be vigilant for the rest of the year about her science teachings.

She will not be attending the school next year Ö

snopes.com, not exactly a very sound source and even the site casts a dubious eye on whether it is real or not. Good for a laugh though.
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It says 'True or False' but doesn't tell you to circle one. And the '2nd page' only emerged a few days ago. I think Snopes is wrong on this one.

Creationists are morons. That's all there is to it.

Edit: I mean the YEC ones in this case.
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvotingMachine0197 View Post
    Creationists are morons. That's all there is to it.
    I wouldn't go so far as to call them morons. Some of the greatest minds in history were Creationists. Delusional perhaps. Or just sufferers of a global condition embedded in the DNA of humans for some survival of the species reason that makes us believe in stuff that's not there, no matter how nuts it is. And I wouldn't buy into absolutely everything scientists tell us either. There's still a lot to be discovered.
    Bringing reconciliation, mutual respect and cross community understanding to Northern Ireland through facts

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

8. Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house.
    True [ ]
    or
    False [ ]

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    It says 'True or False' but doesn't tell you to circle one. And the '2nd page' only emerged a few days ago. I think Snopes is wrong on this one.
    Seems odd that anyone who sent their child to this school would be surprised that they taught creationism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, what do we know? A universe formed out of nothing, and on our planet, and no other, life formed and evolved into copious designs all beautifully and intricately linked, as from a solitary spark.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    Well, what do we know? A universe formed out of nothing, and on our planet, and no other, life formed and evolved into copious designs all beautifully and intricately linked, as from a solitary spark.
    What makes you think our planet is the only one where life formed?

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, what do we know?
    Carbon dating
    Dopler shift
    Fossil records
    DNA

A universe formed out of nothing, and on our planet, and no other,
    We don't know this at all. In fact many, if not most, scientists would accept the possibility, if not probability, of other life in the Universe.

life formed and evolved into copious designs all beautifully and intricately linked, as from a solitary spark.
    We know a fair bit about evolution. It's even been observed in the lab. We know little, if anything, about biogenisis - except that it has obviously happened at least once.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast