Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You resent paying banks for your mortgages? Wait until you have to start paying them for the privelege of having your money :)

Default You resent paying banks for your mortgages? Wait until you have to start paying them for the privelege of having your money :)

Draghi just said it. The ECB is technically prepared for negative interest rates.

Now granted, we have had negative real rates of interest for some time, but if we move into negative nominal rates........thats another story entirely.

These guys will stop at nothing to get the inflation train rolling.

I wonder do the banks have to pay some sort of inverted DIRT tax to the state if the people start paying interest to banks on both loans and deposits. I suspect the Irish tax code is silent on this and it was never envisaged it could occur.

Knowing Ireland, they will invent a new tax on depositors so you still have to pay DIRT.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm hearing that Weidman just kicked over a water cooler,

Lol

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBiryani View Post
    Draghi just said it. The ECB is technically prepared for negative interest rates.

Now granted, we have had negative real rates of interest for some time, but if we move into negative nominal rates........thats another story entirely.

I wonder do the banks have to pay some sort of inverted DIRT tax to the state if the people start paying interest to banks on both loans and deposits. I suspect the Irish tax code is silent on this and it was never envisaged it could occur.

Knowing Ireland, they will invent a new tax on depositors so you still have to pay DIRT.

We already do, there called 'Fees'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shyte - I just signed up for interest on my current account with PTSB

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99nsr125 View Post
    We already do, there called 'Fees'
    Chicken is referring to deposit accounts,

Europe is so fckd,

Hahahahaaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They'll stop at nothing provided the tax payer is picking up the bill but they won't get the printing presses rolling along the lines of the Fed.
    “Still paying, still to owe. Eternal woe! ” ― Paradise Lost, John Milton

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I ask some one to store my furniture or my valuables and I expect them to be responsible for loss or damage to them I expect them to charge me for the service!

Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbrahaimMohamad View Post
    If I ask some one to store my furniture or my valuables and I expect them to be responsible for loss or damage to them I expect them to charge me for the service!
    So we should remove all deposits from the banks?

if so, how do you think this will go down with the banks?

Banks that can't afford to lend while not being able to afford to store deposits. You couldn't make this up until now apparently.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Chicken is referring to deposit accounts,

I know,

How about credit card goverment fee
    or ATM card goverment fee
    or quarterly maintenence fee

oh wait they're already doing that

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Ulster Bank now expect you to pay a Euro a week for having a bank account. (unless you have 3000 euro in it)
    Next week I shall close my account with them

In the UK banking is free bar normal stuff and fees like unauthorised overdraft etc, don't pay a levy on cheques or debit cards either.

In Eire we're getting "RIPPED OFF" big time. My take is start charging me and I walk away quite happy to use cash for most transactions. We save the banks and they screw us over.

ECB cuts main interest rate to 0.5% - RTÉ News

And guess what don't expect the mortgage rates to go down either, rip off Ireland and the Government does nothing to stop it. It's Banking "Dick Turpin" and pure highway robbery.

The Euro and banking zone is in a right mess and nothing is changing at all

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast