Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Ireland to hold referendum on Unified Patent Court in the EU

MrFunkyZombaloo

Default Ireland to hold referendum on Unified Patent Court in the EU

Ireland is to hold a referendum on an EU unified patent court agreement where the people shall decide whether or not to cede judicial powers to the centralised court.

any decision by Ireland to ratify the agreement would take place after other countries, including the UK, France and Germany, ratify the agreement.

Yesterday EU ministers signed the unified patent court agreement, which sets out the framework for a new centralised court to deal with European patent law. It marks a key stage in the move towards an EU-wide system for patents, a proposal that has been discussed in various forms for close to 40 years.
    EUobserver.com / News In Brief / Ireland to hold referendum on EU patent court

Referendum needed over patents - European Economic News | EU Budgets, Trends & Spending | Irish Tim - Wed, Feb 20, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_patent

If it is confined to patents I would have no problem with it, the simpler international patents can be made the better.
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I already posted a thread on this hours ago.
    Save the 27th

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, even politics.ie's gonna struggle to paint that one as a huge big anti-Ireland conspiracy on the part of the Big Bad EU.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.............
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    I already posted a thread on this hours ago.
    And look how much excitement it caused.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    Wow, even politics.ie's gonna struggle to paint that one as a huge big anti-Ireland conspiracy on the part of the Big Bad EU.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.............
    Give us time.
    Save the 27th