Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Diarmaid Cadhla?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who is Diarmaid Cadhla?

Can anyone provide me with a potted history?

All I know about him is from this:

thefuture Initiative

Anyone care to help me fill in the blanks?

The stuff on that site is very vague.

Thanks!
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

Diarmaid Cadhla

Founding member of the CPPC

Is this him on LinkedIn? Diarmaid Cadhla | LinkedIn
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's enough on the site to glean that he
    a) Is not much of a government fan
    b) Is not a fan of any political pary -liars all
    d) Probably for Irish unity in some form
    e) Probably speaks Irish
    f) Blames the EU/IMF/troika/liars
    g) Seems to like rebel songs
    h) Wants to Do the Time Warp again
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is some useful information

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Think he attended a Regional Technical College. Involved in USI at the time of Brendan Doris' presidency in the early/mid-1980's. Was either a Maoist (like Doris) or a fellow traveler (with Doris). The web site of the National Convention indicated that they kept in touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Here is some useful information

cYp
    Yeah, already did that thanks... came here as I thought some people might be able to succinctly put him into context...

Thanks for the link though.
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So CPPC is the originalists DDI?

And there's bad blood between the two?

Is that correct?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of Angkor View Post
    Think he attended a Regional Technical College. Involved in USI at the time of Brendan Doris' presidency in the early/mid-1980's. Was either a Maoist (like Doris) or a fellow traveler (with Doris). The web site of the National Convention indicated that they kept in touch.
    Brendan Doris! Now, there's a blast from the past. He must have stayed in Bolton Street for about 20 years to ensure the continued dominance of the Communist Party of Ireland (Marxist-Leninist) of the students union.

I met him once when I, foolishly, led a strike of apprentices for the right to join a trade union. We had to go to Bolton Street once a week for technical stuff so I planned a walk-out for a day when apprentices from all over Dublin would be there. We requested support from the students and I had an 'interview' with Comrade Doris, who attempted to persuade me of the genius of Enver Hoxha! None of the students came out with us and only two other apprentices joined me. That was the end of my career as a welder. Thanks be to Jaysus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post
    Brendan Doris! Now, there's a blast from the past. He must have stayed in Bolton Street for about 20 years to ensure the continued dominance of the Communist Party of Ireland (Marxist-Leninist) of the students union.

I met him once when I, foolishly, led a strike of apprentices for the right to join a trade union. We had to go to Bolton Street once a week for technical stuff so I planned a walk-out for a day when apprentices from all over Dublin would be there. We requested support from the students and I had an 'interview' with Comrade Doris, who attempted to persuade me of the genius of Enver Hoxha! None of the students came out with us and only two other apprentices joined me. That was the end of my career as a welder. Thanks be to Jaysus
    Coming from a country with no real communist anything it's so odd to see actual communists roaming around... kinda cute...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lies View Post
    Coming from a country with no real communist anything it's so odd to see actual communists roaming around... kinda cute...
    CPI (ML) were very exotic. When Hoxha died they were disconsolate and organised a Book of Condolances outside the GPO! Some of them have done very well for themselves since abandoning the true path.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast