Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragons Den 2013...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dragons Den 2013...

I don't know......with the exception of O'Sullivan, this panel isn't doing it for me. I find that Ramona is far too serious and uptight looking and at times comes across as rather cold, what is it with certain " women entrepreneurs" that they seem to have to come across rather haughty and overly serious... ? Also that sarcastic comment from Gavin ( is it Duffy?) telling the young lad from Bagenalstown who had developed a full range of cosmetic products that his 1,500 euro profit would be easier earned on a paper round was unforgivably crushing. This whole programme is a kind of propaganda vehicle cum ad spot for the Bank of Ireland , who despite their repeated claims in the ad breaks that they want to lend money out to people, we all know, if you speak to SME owners throughout Ireland that the BofI is placing enormous pressure on small and medium businesses throughout the land....what do other people feel? I often have huge sympathy for very often evidently honest and in many cases redundant people being vetted by this crew. With the exception of O' Sullivan they all seem reminiscent of the sort of tertiary sector moguls that landed us in our current difficulties with an identical value system apparent from the dialogue and of course the nauseatingly obsequious idolatry of " business" folk in the inane links and intros...Perhaps a bit grumpy old man' ish but I usually arrive at the end of each programme impressed by the innovative ideas of our ordinary people but rather nauseated by the smugness and often rather conceited aura coming off the panel of " wealthy business people"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Paragraphs dude, paragraphs.

But yes. They really are quite smug. And while they are convinced of their own greatness, I'm not.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok point taken about paragraphs....

But am I alone in finding this programme indicative of a rather unquestioningly market oriented value laden perspective prevalent within RTE , not to mention the questionable bona fides of some of the panel as business " gurus"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ramona is definitely no Norah Casey, The woman must have had a personality bypass, I especially didn't like her a few weeks back when some poor guy was pitching his gourmet dog food and Ramonas face would have given people nightmares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many of the previous dragons are a busted flush now.......?
    how many of rte top "stars" have lost their pensions........?

tells you all you need to know about the group think that goes on in montrose......

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blossie View Post
    Ramona is definitely no Norah Casey, The woman must have had a personality bypass, I especially didn't like her a few weeks back when some poor guy was pitching his gourmet dog food and Ramonas face would have given people nightmares.
    To be fair, she has some fear of dogs or similar.
    Regards...jmcc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blossie View Post
    Saw that. Acted the total geebag when she had to handle the dog food.

Not very impressive.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    How many of the previous dragons are a busted flush now.......?
    Don't think that the programme is an RTE one. However some of the ex-dragons got burned on property. The introduction does not mention property portfolios now.
    Regards...jmcc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Also that sarcastic comment from Gavin ( is it Duffy?) telling the young lad from Bagenalstown who had developed a full range of cosmetic products that his 1,500 euro profit would be easier earned on a paper round was unforgivably crushing.
    That's dreadful. . . This sort of thing is done for the cameras.

People should be supported when setting up businesses.

This is one of the reasons I don't like DD. . . .mocking those who are taking huge risks in today's economic climate is completely unacceptable.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah come on Norah Casey ye have to be glad to see the back of her milking her semi celebrity image.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast