Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 140

Thread: It's a Friday....so, a Friday thread! Man on Liveline is having a right rant about Irish people!

  1. #1

    Default It's a Friday....so, a Friday thread! Man on Liveline is having a right rant about Irish people!

    Terence is having a right go about the expectations of Irish people. He's a delivery man and says the attitude of customers stinks.

    He's very entertaining

    His lovely English accent makes his complaints about the Irish all the more effective.

    Have a listen
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  2. #2

    Default

    He says when he moved here 6 years ago, he found the Irish lovely, but things have changed...
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Eire1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    14,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    He says when he moved here 6 years ago, he found the Irish lovely, but things have changed...
    I'm sure people didn't know he was staying here then

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Lúidín's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Whinging Pom.

  5. #5

    Default

    He says the country has changed so much in the last 18 months. He says the people are fighting among themselves.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    I'm sure people didn't know he was staying here then
    Very good
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  7. #7
    Boggle
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    He says the country has changed so much in the last 18 months. He says the people are fighting among themselves.
    Is he not, at least in part, right about this?


    I know it's easy to dismiss this as a rant but (and this is simply my observations) does it not seem as though something has changed? There is a nastiness about some people lately. I could guess a few reasons why but you wonder if it's a symptom of a serious breakdown in society.

    The kind of breakdown that comes about when people see peopl like INM (worse, businesses) getting massive write-downs while they are left to die under the stress of their debts. The kind that sees the wealthy live off caviar while the rest of us are left to fight amongst ourselves for the scraps under the table.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
    Is he not, at least in part, right about this?


    I know it's easy to dismiss this as a rant but (and this is simply my observations) does it not seem as though something has changed? There is a nastiness about some people lately. I could guess a few reasons why but you wonder if it's a symptom of a serious breakdown in society.

    The kind of breakdown that comes about when people see peopl like INM (worse, businesses) getting massive write-downs while they are left to die under the stress of their debts. The kind that sees the wealthy live off caviar while the rest of us are left to fight amongst ourselves for the scraps under the table.
    I wasn't saying he was wrong, you stupid f***

    He's right, the country is very angry and divided. Public v Private, Renters v Mortgagees, etc.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

  9. #9

    Default

    I think that there is something of a real problem behind this. With all the cheesparing of the last few years, there has been an understandable decline in standards of service in some areas like domestic deliveries and repair services that will provoke irritation from customers. However - and I really, really hate to say this - there does appear to be a slight difficulty between Irish and at least some English people in interacting in situations of mild conflict. I recently found my blood boiling at an incident in an open car park, where I was directed to a potentially "blockable" space by an attendant. When I explained that I needed to leave the event in question early, the response was (incredibly, in a field of slippery grass) to jump in front of my car and (in a classic "wotcher cock", Dell Boy accent) a repeated statement that "everyone wants to leave early, mate". I must admit to having indulged in an intemperate exchange of views. After that, I went where I was told - and moved to a more suitable (and equally non-obstructive) space when "Wotcher, Cock" had moved off. Not proud of myself about my verbal contribution, at least - but I have an uncomfortable feeling that this reflects something visceral between "Us" and "Them". By the way - what in the name of the Gods are Irish events doing, using parking attendants (even supervisors) obviously imported from the "mainland" ? Have we become so reliant on foreign rejects that we cannot even manage "lock hard" any more ? My rant of the day, JR.
    Last edited by John Rutledge; 26th April 2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo
    JR

  10. #10
    Boggle
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I wasn't saying he was wrong, you stupid f***

    He's right, the country is very angry and divided. Public v Private, Renters v Mortgagees, etc.
    Thats it numbnuts... You and me.... We're done!
    I'll burn your wheelie bin and neuter your cat you son-of-a-probably-very-nice-person!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •