Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: US Getting Around to Inventing an Excuse to Intervene in Syria?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default US Getting Around to Inventing an Excuse to Intervene in Syria?

The US has confined itself to supply-and-support assistance for rebels in Syria so far - though the rationale for supporting the rebels at all (when judged against US interests) is not obvious.

To actually intervene, and probably settle things, the US needs some sort of game-changer such as use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime.

And what do you know......! "Evidence" of just this very thing is beginning to emerge. Invasion ahoy (after a suitable "WMD style" soften up), get the popcorn ready...

US - Syria used chemical weapons on a small scale - RTÉ News
    genua, et asinus praesepe Osculer, oro

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I came across this the other night, pretty poignant when compared with the present day, considering in this tale a banking crisis kickstarts the crisis in the middle east

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What a load of crap.

Sixteen Syrian government troops died in the chemical weapon attack on a village under their control. The 'rebels' had previously uploaded a video of them testing chemical weapons on rabbits and at the time were in control of Syria's only chlorine gas factory.

The Syrian government forces are currently wiping the floor with the rebels, and if the pace keeps up they'll be finished by Christmas. Ad to this the fact that Hezbollah has gotten sick and tired of these 'rebels' lobbing mortars into their areas and has in the space of a week overrun the FSA in most villages close to the border. The FSA are finished and without US airforce help won't last much longer.

Will the US be stupid enough to help this latest batch of Islamic extremists without thinking of the consequences this funding will have years down the line?
    We won't rest till the guts of the last Fianna Fáiler has been used to strangle the last Blueshirt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

To be fair the British and French are saying the same thing.
    Fair and Balanced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

video evidence of chemical attacks in Syria - this one from is from Aleppo

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    To be fair the British and French are saying the same thing.
    Whats happening in Syria is tragic civil war.

The Jihadists and Al Qeuda terrorists have sided with the rebels.

All foreign govts should stay out of the conflict.

Any armed assistence to the rebels will inevitably strenghten these terrorists.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shaving foam?
    “. the truth and Ryanair are uncomfortable bedfellows”
    Mr Justice Peter Kelly - 04th June 2010

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This Merry-go-round again, WMD was the excuse they used against Iraq still havent found any, never was any, just a lie to invade Iraq. This latest fermentation against Syria is designed to further threaten Iran, Syrias ally. When America and NATO eventually get around to invading Iran I got a feeling it wont be the cakewalk they expect. I only hope Israel gets a well deserved drubbing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Foley View Post
    This Merry-go-round again, WMD was the excuse they used against Iraq still havent found any, never was any, just a lie to invade Iraq. This latest fermentation against Syria is designed to further threaten Iran, Syrias ally. When America and NATO eventually get around to invading Iran I got a feeling it wont be the cakewalk they expect. I only hope Israel gets a well deserved drubbing.

Leaving aside the WMD/Iraq issue, how do you feel about the people of Syria?

Politics.ie Member TheWexfordInn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there any actual evidence of chemical weapons being used? I don think that video constitutes evidence. On BBC radio this morning they said that this latest claim about chemical weapons has come from a non-governmental source in Israel who hasn't made any evidence public. Apparently Netanyathu didn't raise this topic during Obamas recent visit to Israel which surely he would have if he was sitting on a pile of evidence.

It all smells fishy to me and will so until someone makes some convincing evidence public, if the evidence is there why not publicise it? I don't think people will accept innuendo and gossip as evidence after the WMD in Iraq debacle.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast